Trailer Trash

Frigid Friday (Read 13 times)

Sandy-2

6 miles. Between the altitude, cold temp and the few inches of snow it was a little work this morning. Luckily only a slight breeze. But felt great and I was dressed perfectly, wore half tights and calf sleeves so my knees were bare, like icing them down while running.

qotd: do you run the same amount while traveling?

I try to, but don’t let running gat in the way of planned things we’re doing. Now we’re off to meet the newlyweds for brunch.

tbd.

Nuthin' this a.m., but I'll get in a trail 3-miler after work.

We've been getting weird calls on our landline, people saying they've received a call from us.  I called AT&T this a.m. to try and figure out what's going on . . . and learned that they will soon be discontinuing landline service.  What?!?  We've had this number for over 32 years.  So much is tied to that number, it's ridiculous.  They said they can switch the number to a cellphone, or if the phone can somehow become digital if we have our wifi through them (?).  My understanding is if we go the new wifi route, we'd have to change or emails.  That'd be as bad - or worse - than losing our landline number.

The Hub and I will have to discuss what to do.  Right now, we have inexpensive cellphones and service through Tracfone.  Maybe get another cheap phone through Tracfone and have the landline number switched to that??  What a PITA.  And if this is as much of a PITA for us, can you  imagine being an elderly person who is not tech savvy having to suddenly go digital??  This sucks.

Anyway . . .

QOTD:  Like Sandy, I try to stick with a training plan, if one is in the works, but I won't let it get in the way of things.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Seems we have 2 daylies going....so...

qotd:  I try to but always fail.  If I don't run I try to replace with lots of walking.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

-7 F here this morning 

3 days of hard hunting, foot plus of snow and temps in the single digits- we covered about 30 miles total, but felt like a 100 

Was lucky and harvested a big cow elk (I have two elk licenses this year, one for a cow and the other for a bull) the last morning.  We hiked out about three miles, dropped our rifles and anything else we didn't' need.  Grabbed sleds, hiked three miles back up and then were able to split the elk in two loads and get everything out in one trip.  I split the elk evenly with my buddy; I do that with a couple of close friends I hunt with- it's often as much work getting one out than harvesting one.  We should have ~ 80-90 lbs of boned meat each.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd: usually when I travel it's for something like backpacking or day hiking into areas, so often my mileage is higher; if it's a really laid back travel deal- less 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √