Trailer Trash

Movie Monday (Read 12 times)

LB2

I lifted weights today, no run. We may take a walk late this evening.

QOTD: What is the worst/most disappointing series finale or movie ending you can recall?

The one that comes to mind is the ending of "Dexter". I knew there had to be some cliffhanger to leave an opening for another season somewhere down the line, and there was. The new "Dexter" just didn't draw me in like the first series. I watched one episode; barely got through it; and I never thought about it again until the weekend question came up.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did 14 miles this morning. Conditions here were even more brutal than usual!!! Hot and really humid. I walked a lot at the end because my legs were toast!!

qotd: I can’t remember but lately Netflix, etc have just stopped at the end of a season, then just stopped because they don’t get funding to make the next season.

tbd.

Hi Dee Ho, Friends -

Congrats on the AG award, Gatsby.  Hope you had fun with your mini reunion over the weekend.

I got in 12.45 miles on Saturday at Prairie Creek.  Ran a new to me trail.  Unfortunately, it ended up only being 3.5 miles round trip, but it was something new.  About 1/2  mile or so is a bit overgrown, so there wasn't much running that part, but I did come across a nice little bridge:

May be an image of tree and nature

The trail ends at the road into Fern Canyon (Davison Road), so I need to get out my park map and see how far it is to Fern Canyon and to the start of Davison Road.  They limit the number of vehicles that are allowed in between May and September, so I think I would be fairly safe to run the road in either direction.

Yesterday it was 5 EZ miles that I chose to run on the road, thus saving me about half an hour or so between drive time and being slower on trails.

This morning it was core/ST, mostly core and upper body.

QOTD: I can't think of a disappointing ending, just a series not continuing so it never has a conclusion.

Wkend QOTD:  "This Is Us" and "A Million Little Things".  Both did a great job of closing out the series.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

My run this morning was a bust. We headed out later than we should have, it was 99% humidity and it was too hot for Chowder. He kept trying to get me to go to the creek's edge, but it rained tons last night and it was too dirty and the current too strong. We ended up hiking half of the 3 we finished. Yesterday was 'strength training' as we moved 1+ tons of paver base (the other ton was moved Friday).

Gatsby-- congratulations on your race this weekend!

qotd: Probably the series "how I met your mother' which was funny and smart, until the last season. And especially the last episode. And fatozzig, thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to watch 'This is Us', which I started a few years ago and then got distracted...

And fatozzig, thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to watch 'This is Us', which I started a few years ago and then got distracted...

IMHO - One of the best written and acted shows ever.  Just grabbed me from beginning to end.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

Probably no run today. We had some storms overnight (I guess, I was sleeping) and part of my neighbor's tree went kersplat into my yard. So I have an hour or two of chain sawing and cleanup to do. These trees have lost big hunks numerous times. Some sort of cheap fast growing faux flowering peach or some such variety. He always apologizes but he didn't plant the things.. he was second buyer.

I did get in about 7 miles yesterday at Evansburg Park. I have no run there in a few years so a nice diversion. I did the 5 mile Skippack loop (loop around the creek of the same name) and some bonus miles. I have not done bonus miles in forever. Funny, 90 minutes for the loop. Back in "the day" I ran the 10 mile race (Evansburg Challenge) they hold here in the fall in 79 minutes. My loop was slightly different than the race but there you have it father time. You got me good. LOL.

QOTD: I can't recall a specific example, but a few times I've been pissed off at the end of some series or movies.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

SRD today, yay!

QOTD: House of Cards lamely limped off into the sunset after the departure of Kevin Spacey.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR