Trailer Trash

Thermal Shock Thursday (Read 10 times)

LB2

Ugh. It was muggy this morning, but it was still cooler than summer mornings with a 60ish degree start. I ran/hiked 3.5 miles, mostly ran. I averaged 10:43 per mile. So, that isn't bad. I am hoping it gets cold again soon.

QOTD: Do the temps in your area vary a great deal during the fall/winter?

They vary a great deal during fall and winter more than any other time of year. Unfortunately, they hardly vary at all during the summer. It is just hot. Last week, we dropped into the upper 20's, and this morning it was 60. I would prefer a consistent mid 40's for lows and mid 60's for highs in the fall/winter. And I'd like low 60's to low 80's during the summer. I may have to move to Cloudcroft, NM to get close to that, but I don't see that happening.

LB2

runtraildc

Nothing yet today,  Dropped off our car and did some yardwork since it is so beautiful outside. I'll get in a run later with Chowder along  the creek.

qotd: Yes, a lot all thru the year. Yesterday it was 70. Tomorrow will be 50. Still not a terrible range.

Nuthin' this a.m.  Just didn't feel like getting up and walking in the chilly dark, but I'll get my walk/run in at lunch.

Our local legal professionals association disbanded earlier this year, and the money we had in CDs and the bank account had to be donated to a non-profit organization, so we chose Teen Court.  We ended up donating somewhere around $30,000 to them.  This afternoon, the 4 of us who basically were the association by the end will be going to their monthly Business Leaders Meeting for the "big check" photo op.  It should be fun, and it'll be cool meeting the kids who are part of Teen Court.

QOTD: Not really.  When we really get into winter, we generally sit in the low 40's during the day.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Chased elk yesterday, but seeing I never cut a fresh track in an eleven mile loop, not much chasing 

5 miles with DW and Tiny Elvis this morning

qotd: we’ve already hit 0 this Fall and into the 70’s just prior, so yeah big swings

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Ran 6 mi to the gym then did the hot tub / cool pool intervals. Then drove home with DW.

Were going out to dinner with some old friends we met in Korea.  It’ll be great seeing them, we’re going to get tapas.

qotd: pretty much the same as LB, but it’s rare to get down into the 20s here.  It was 72° during my run this morning (83° this afternoon) but we’ll have rain and cooler in the 50s in the next 2 to 3 days.

tbd.