Trailer Trash

Monday Morning March (Read 36 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon trail people,

On Saturday I got a late jump and had to drive 2 hours and ended up late to the start.  I tried to play catch up but ended up going out too fast and hitting the wall really early on...I was puking and had to take a long break.  I did manage to rally late and finish with the last of the crowd.  I was in rough shape on Sunday and took the whole day to recover.  All in all, it was a good Halloween party even though I didn't run at all over the weekend.

QOTD:  The only time it ever bothered me was when I worked 3rd shift and the company forgot to pay me for the extra hour and I had to spend a lot of time explaining to them how they shorted me an hours pay.  I don't see a point to it, but overall I really don't care.  It will affect my running schedule by 1 hour.

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

Not sure if I'll get in any miles today. If so It'll only be a short run of 4-5 miles. Have a chemistry lab tonight. Maybe we can blow up the class room Big grin.

QOTD: Mostly hate it. I like the sun to stay up longer in the evenings. It won't affect my running though. I'll either run in the dark or go to the gym on the days that I work.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Ran a really small fatass trail race on Sunday, 15 miles through the Pine Barrens in 2:38:45, came in 14/20.  Course was flat, but had several sections of deep sand.  Ran with the pack for too long, and finished the first mile in 7:35, which is WAYYY too fast for me. Backed it off, but I think the damage was done already.

Including warmup and a half mile of wrong turns, total was 17.6 for the day.

9.3 easy today, at around 12.12 pace.  Completed listening through the Bible in a year, and am starting over.

Lastly, my brother finished 75 miles of the Ghost train in around 20 hrs.  Not sure what happened, since he was trying for 100.

... Back to work, have a great day!

Jamez:  Sounds like a great party... LoL at hitting the wall etc.

QOTD:  I like running in the mornings, and appreciate the extra light when we return to Standard time.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

XtremeTaper

I'll likely do my new/standard 6.5 miles or thereabouts loop at Green Lane trails tonight after work. Only a few more evenings left of running to beat the darkness.

QOTD: It messes with my running plans most definitely. Only a few trails around here don't have dawn to dusk rules posted at the trailheads so generally I switch to more lunchtime road running during the week in the dark months. I am usually able to swing one or two early days to get out on the trails though during the week. Road running around here isn't all that bad and it will probably be good for me. I've already added a road run once a week to my schedule.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Watoni

We will see ... lots of work. My plans to run last night were derailed by high winds and falling trees (including a redwood about 50 feet from us). Running in the dark will be tricky even if it clears tonight since there will be so many downed trees, branches, etc.

QOTD: It might help with some early morning runs ....

AT-runner

Tim

Completed listening through the Bible in a year, and am starting over.

Don't tell me how it ends, I'm waiting for the movie.  Big grin

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Only a few trails around here don't have dawn to dusk rules posted at the trailheads so generally I switch to more lunchtime road running during the week in the dark months. 

I have the same restrictions here on most trails.  When I was still working, my solution was to run illegally after dark, but on trails where the enforcement was more lax.  I had some local trails where the enforcement seemed to be nonexistent, on those I would see the rangers or local cops sometimes and they never even warned me.  Unfortunately the trails I liked best had the most aggressive enforcement.  On those they would write a $100 ticket at the drop of a hat.

Now that I am retired, I still break sunset to sunrise prohibition  a lot, but by starting runs in the morning before dawn.  The rangers and cops do not seem to enforce the rules in the morning at any of the locations where I run, even the ones where they are sticklers if you are a few minutes late in the evening.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD.  I think the next week work is going to mess up my running but looking forward too........QOTD:  The time change making it a little easier to roll out of bed to run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄