Trailer Trash

Frozen Friday (Read 15 times)

Sandy-2

SRD for me today. Not because it’s cold but because I was due.

Our next door neighbor’s pipes froze last night.  I’ve been helping him thaw things out but no progress yet. Poor design in Southern house, not built for freezing temps.

qotd: I got nothing.

tbd.

Rest day for me, too.  Our office closes at noon, then The Hub and I are going to get some kind of treat and do some strolling in Old Town, pretending to be Christmas shopping.

In looking at the weather forecast for the rest of the country, I'm happy with low to mid-50's temps and chances of showers in the next few days.

QOTD: Me either.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Brisk 3.5 miles walk today in wind with rain changing to snow.

qotd: Holiday travel plans?  Just a short (1.5 hours or so) drive to granddaughter's for Christmas Eve dinner and /Christmas brunch.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles on the dreadmill yesterday; I believe we're going to get above 0 later this afternoon- so holding out for the possibility of getting back on the trails 

we were -30 last night, woke up to -15, it's now -7- tonight we're supposed to be in the 20's by midnight - a 50+ degree turnaround in 24 hours- nice! 

qotd: staying home, but my youngest daughter is here (half way through a three week stay) and my MIL will spend the night here Christmas Eve as well

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Nothing here. Feel out of practice with cold (but not Warden cold weather). 50 this morning when I walked the dogs. Should have ran a few miles then but work beckoned. Now in the teens with blustery winds. A dusting of snow as the storm wound down. Will see what tomorrow brings. Time to break out the cold weather gear if/when we go running. The wind is going to be funnest part.

QOTD: No travel here. My buddy and his dog is coming over for Christmas dinner, then my sister/BIL, nephew his wife and kiddos will be here Tuesday. Not sure why we did not all head to Atlanta (milder) but our temps will be moderating next week.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

UPDATE: we got our neighbor's water pipes thawed out.  I convinced him to put a small electric space heater I have up in an uninsulated attic space above his garage. He had to cut a hole in the sheetrock to get access and then an hour later it worked.  Like I said before, poor design, not a stich of insulation and a bare water supply pipe going thru an uninsulated space.  Tonight it's going to get really cold again so he'll have to keep some water trickling thru the line so it doesn't refreeze.

Glad we got it going, I've had friends whose pipes have burst and the flooding with mushy sheetrock is really bad if that happens.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run and Jack turned around at .6 of our walk...think he doesn't dig the deep snow.  It's blowing and snowing here.  Shoveled the walks twice....I actually like to be out there as long as dressed warm.  

qotd:  going to my sisters tomorrow to hang out and spend the night.  She's only 20 miles away.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

It was 18 degrees here this morning, pretty cold for SE Louisiana. Wind chill was -1. I got out for a couple of miles hiking in my winter gear that I have been collecting over the last few months for next year's mule deer hunt in Nebraska. It will probably be colder there, but it won't be a problem. I never even got close to uncomfortable, even when I stopped for long periods of time to just stand out in the cold.

Sandy: I am borderline psychotic when it comes to extremely cold temperatures and water pipes here. All my pipes are insulated, but I still drip them. I don't want to be a plumber, not even for a day if I don't have to be, and believe me; I have had to be in the past.

QOTD: We are just heading down the road a half mile to my in-law's place. No traveling of any consequence.

LB2