Trailer Trash

Thursday Thoughts (Read 12 times)

LB2

I ran another 5'er this morning. It was a cloudy mess out there today with a temperature of 37 degrees. Sun has come out now, and it is gorgeous outside. Run was slow, but it was supposed to be. It is still a little muddy.

QOTD: What is the worst terrain condition for you to run on?

I think dry sand is what I hate the most.

LB2

6 chilly predawn miles with 4 x 30 sec strides at the 3-mile turn around point.  The whole run went better than Tuesday's, and on the strides, I can tell I haven't done anything like that for awhile.

QOTD: I suck at running on really technical terrain.  One of my favorite places to run is Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.  The main trail is the James Irvine.  About halfway out, it gets really rooty - high roots.  I don't even try to run over the worst ones or I know I'll face plant.  It's a lesson in patience.

No photo description available.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Roots can be a real issue. I remember in 2012 at Rocky Raccoon I kicked a root somewhere around 75 or 80 miles, and it sent shock waves through my body like I had never felt before and haven't since. I just wanted to lay down and cry. LOL.

QOTD: I suck at running on really technical terrain.  One of my favorite places to run is Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.  The main trail is the James Irvine.  About halfway out, it gets really rooty - high roots.  I don't even try to run over the worst ones or I know I'll face plant.  It's a lesson in patience.

No photo description available.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Snow stopped yesterday afternoon, rain started, all the snow melted, and now the wind is a blowing. Will stay out of the woods today. High winds after a rainy, wet day make me nervous. So probably just a road run later afternoon. It's not very cold, but the wind is making things feel colder.

QOTD: Rocky terrain. There were a few routes I did at French Creek years ago that I do rarely now as my knees just do not have the range of motion needed to navigate that terrain any longer. I guess I could hike them like I did even way back when on this section of the AT near Hamburg.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Got up early and did 11 miles, a really nice 34° with little breeze. I walked some of the miles in the park with my old running bud. Did pretty much the same route as yesterday where the lake was high and the trails had lots of high water and mud, but today it was almost all gone.

qotd: I’ll also go with rocks and roots. Same as you guys mentioned. The worst were when I ran Bandera they routed us over bowling ball sized rock fields where the rocks moved when you stepped on them, and then like at Rocky Raccoon with those rooty spots like in fatozzig’s photo.

tbd.

Hiya trailers. Gloriously sunny and a bit warm here. So of course I’m shut inside prepping for a hearing tomorrow. Got out after work yesterday for hill repeats plus a leg strength workout, 6 easy miles on tap for after work today. 

QOTD: I’d say mud that sucks your shoes off.  Yes that has happened to me. Other stuff like rocks, root, and sand can be annoying but I just slow down and work through it.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

7 miles (1500') with Tiny Elvis this afternoon, strength trained in the morning.

qotd: will go with post holing in snow 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √