Trailer Trash

Forget About it Friday!! (Read 15 times)

LB2

Resting heart rate was -10 this morning. It took me a little while to get started. I managed to get 5 chilly miles.

QOTD: Weekend Plans?

20 miles on Saturday.

20 more on Sunday.

LB2

6.15 predawn miles in windy conditions.  I was glad when I got to turn around and run with the wind.

We had another small, brief shaker this morning.  Felt it while I was getting dress to run.  Nothing major, but our old kitty, Chico, felt it and made a mad dash for under the bed.  . . . he made a mad something - whatever it was that his fat old body let him do.   we've had over 300 aftershocks.  We'd like a bit of a breather please.

Also have another round of storms coming in.  With everything saturated, coupled with the wind, trees are toppling over, etc.  Tomorrow is supposed to be Trail Work Saturday, but The Hub asked me to not go.  I have 8 miles get in this weekend.  Not sure where he expects me to run those. 

QOTD: 8 miles either Saturday or Sunday, and whatever the weather will allow.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Easy six miles today.  While California is getting ready for yet another deluge (our house lost power but is okay now, accordingly to the bird-sitter), this was my view this morning in Ireland:

QOTD: One more day in the west of Ireland, then on Sunday we're driving over to Dublin.  Two nights there, then flying home on Tuesday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

When I was in San Diego for boot camp, we had several earthquakes, and when I was in Japan we had a pretty serious one that cracked the cinderblock wall in our room. When I was in comm school, we had a guy with us from Providence, Rhode Island. He was 21 years old, but he looked like a "hard-lived" 55. Anyway, he was a tough, tough individual but was terrified of earthquakes. We had bunk beds in an open squad bay barracks at the school in 29 Palms. We had a few mild quakes while there, and he would always freak out. One Saturday, he made the mistake of taking a nap. A few of us got under the bunk and started shaking it, one guy guy by the light switch and started blinking the lights, while others started screaming, cursing, and running around panicked. He came out of that bunk like a scalded dog and ran outside. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Once he realized what was going on, we got a cussing like you have never heard. But he was a good sport and laughed, too. LOL.

6.15 predawn miles in windy conditions.  I was glad when I got to turn around and run with the wind.

We had another small, brief shaker this morning.  Felt it while I was getting dress to run.  Nothing major, but our old kitty, Chico, felt it and made a mad dash for under the bed.  . . . he made a mad something - whatever it was that his fat old body let him do.   we've had over 300 aftershocks.  We'd like a bit of a breather please.

Also have another round of storms coming in.  With everything saturated, coupled with the wind, trees are toppling over, etc.  Tomorrow is supposed to be Trail Work Saturday, but The Hub asked me to not go.  I have 8 miles get in this weekend.  Not sure where he expects me to run those. 

QOTD: 8 miles either Saturday or Sunday, and whatever the weather will allow.

LB2

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Got out and did 5 mi this morning. A little warm for running, but we’re still in a perfect weather bubble that is going to turn to a few days of rain soon. 

Gatsby: nice photo.

fatozzog: hope things “settle down” soon. I’ve only felt earthquakes while in Japan and Korea.

qotd: nothing much, some morning runs and then doing some stuff around the house (avoiding the rain we’re going to have).

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gatsby- nice, very jealous!  Have to get to Ireland sometime- hopefully sooner than later.

4 miles with DW and TE; our valley has a big inversion going on.  When we climbed to the top of the ridge we were out of the stagnant (and cold) air, you could see the inversion up and down the valley- probably 20 miles by 20 miles

qotd: I'm sure we'll hit the trails some; DW is cooking chicken pho tomorrow   Sunday I'll be packing- meeting a buddy Monday early for a three day snowshoeing trip in the Bob- hopefully not as arduous as last year's trip!!!!!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √