Trailer Trash

Wide Open Wednesday (Read 11 times)

LB2

I ran 2.3 miles this morning. Not much of anything to report. I was going to lift weights today, but I think I'll just catch up on work since I was at a workshop yesterday. Initially, I thought the workshop was a waste of my time, but it turned out to be a very good event.

QOTD: Do you have to travel very much for work?

I usually have to leave the house no more than twice per month. I was happy to get out of the house yesterday. I didn't realize how much I needed the drive to Alexandria.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Might run later this evening. Not sure yet. Taking the afternoon off to walk around Longwood Gardens and take in the Chrysanthemum display. It's a warm, almost hot, Indian summer day here.

Yesterday, had a track workout fail. Went over to the HS track for 8 x 400 but started fading each interval and pulled the plug at 5. I did get in 3 miles with the warmup and rest intervals at least. Can't pinpoint the fade other than creaky legs, and I did sort of stress the lower back the other day and felt that creeping in.

QOTD: I have not travelled for work in ages. Can't remember the last time. Not quite 10 years ago but close to it. That is fine by me, I hate airports now. When I started my career I travelled a lot, sometimes 2 or 3 weeks a month. It was fun then, I remember some Friday afternoon flights back home after a week on the road... the back of the plane with the smokers was like party central sometimes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Yesterday ran 5 predawn EZ miles.  My legs and the rest of my body felt great, but my left hamstring started tightening up about halfway through.  I have a massage after work today, and I sure hope she can work a miracle.  If not, this is going to be a real problem come my race.

And my low back has decided to join in the fun with the hamstring.  It feels like it's in a vice grip, so this morning it was about 20 min of mobility and stretching.  I'm beginning to think the universe doesn't want me to run. 

QOTD: Nope, unless you count my 15 min drive to and from work each day. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

4 easy miles yesterday, 6 on tap after work today. It looks glorious out, blue skies, sun, crisp air. Yet I’m in front of my computer, trying to get motivated to be productive. 

QOTD: once in a blue moon, I might have to travel for a hearing, but that’s not the norm.  We no longer have an office for work so I don’t go into the city monthly like I used to. Mostly I travel up and down the stairs between  the kitchen and my home office.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

5 mi this morning.  We’ve had a lot of rain the last 2 days and early this morning so it was even more humid than usual if that’s at all possible.

qotd: Retired now so no business travel anymore.  As most of you know I traveled a lot overseas when I was still working.

tbd.