Trailer Trash

Way Better Wednesday (Read 12 times)

LB2

Run was way better than I expected. I ran 10 miles in 1:25:31 this morning. It was comfortably hard. I am very pleased with the way that went. I'll do a 7.5 miler tomorrow and another 12.5 on Friday. Saturday and Sunday will be hikes.

QOTD: Will you do any Black Friday shopping? If so, where?

I need new running shoes, so I will check out various online outlets to get the best deal. My wife has already done a lot of shopping for Christmas, but I still need to get her something. She has specifically requested a gift card from TJ Maxx, so that really isn't much of a Black Friday deal.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Busy week here on the work front and I've had to squeeze in short runs at the end of the day. Monday took Baker up for a 4 mile slog at the local trail and yesterday was a 4 mile jaunt through the hood. Mid to upper 30's with a wintery chill to the air yesterday. Good running weather but I had to break out gloves and skullcap. Wore shorts of course, and had the obligatory "aren't your legs cold" from one of the evening walkers.

Today, probably more of the same though I am holding out hope to get out around 3pm at the lake with Baker.

QOTD: Black Friday? No, never though maybe the day after hit the running store. I do need new shoes as well.

LB2 - Sounds like you are in a great place with your training/running.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

I had to get work early, so no a.m. workout, but will get it done after work. We're currently under a "no overtime" rule until after the first of the year, so since I came in early, I'll get to leave early!

rundc - I don't know if you get Ultrarunning Magazine, but there's an article in it about being a pacer or guide for a blind runner who ran Vermont 100.  Just a short piece and not really detailed, but it was interesting.

QOTD: Never have, never will.  We don't have anyone to shop for and we don't buy gifts for each other.  Instead, we save up $$ for trips or, this year, buy a travel trailer.  I will say that if I can find a good deal on Stinson or Clifton Hokas, I'd like to give them a try.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I will run with the track club tonight...they run on the paved trail...which isn't great...but they have a beer or two after.  Probably 4 or 5.  Miles not beers.  

qotd: I am buying 3 gifts this year and already bought two.  The kids in my family get so much shit for Christmas and birthdays it's rediculous and I can't take part!  Although I do need running shoes.

runtraildc:  Jack us doing great.  Obliviously his cancer is not agressive.  The tumor is growing but we have him on meds to slow growth and regulate his thyroid.  He's still a happy dog.  .  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB2 - Sounds like you are in a great place with your training/running.

That is never a very good indicator of how well the actual run will go. LOL. But I was very happy with what I did this morning. Thanks.

LB2

runtraildc

Nothing today, except for a longer dog walk. I just needed a rest.

fatozzig-- I'll have to look for that article. Guide running is hard, I can't imagine trail running while guiding.

runtraildc:  Jack us doing great.  Obliviously his cancer is not agressive.  The tumor is growing but we have him on meds to slow growth and regulate his thyroid.  He's still a happy dog.  .  

That is great news.  Happy (and lucky) dog.

qotd: No. We're thinking of a trip with the kids instead of presents. DH's family loves gifts, lots of gifts, and it's a bit ridiculous (IMO). Kids, yes. But grown ass adults who can buy their own stuff??