Trailer Trash

Wonderful Weekender (Read 16 times)

LB2

Just ran a short loop this morning. I need to transport the slumber party kids back home and get some things together for the mower. I went to get a new battery yesterday, but I forgot to bring the old one. I'll swing back by there this morning and drop off the old one and pick up the new one. I will do a five miler in the morning.

The AC job I thought was going to be at least $1000, maybe more, ended up being $235. It was an easy fix, and I got them to go ahead and do the preventive maintenance on the units. They ended up changing 2 contacts and one capacitor. I was so happy.

QOTD: Over the last year, what is the one thing you have done that you think has been the greatest benefit to you, personally, professionally, or as a runner?

I think getting off social media and ignoring, mostly, the news media have had the greatest benefit for me in all aspects of life. I just think life is too short to waste time on that stuff, but it can be addicting. I don't know what the final straw was for me, but I am sure it was some oversimplification of a complex problem in the form of a meme or something like that. A part of me wanted to put out some tweet or facebook thing that said I think all you people are crazy and/or completely stupid, but I just deleted the apps and moved on. It wasn't even worth the effort to do more than that.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

LB you know the rule, if you save money on a repair- that money can be spent on a new rifle or pack 

4 miles w/ DW and Tiny Elvis on some rather challenging trails due to snow conditions

qotd: deciding that I was going to retire at the end of the year Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I did 11 miles this morning. A really slow slog it was warmish and really humid.  Felt stale after standing all day on Friday but finally the last mile or so I loosened up some.

qotd: I can’t remember anything I did over the last year.

tbd.

20 hilly miles in the Marin Headlands.  4300' of climbing.  Didn't feel particularly stellar today, and there was more hiking than I'd wanted to do, but I'm glad I talked myself out of cutting it short.  Saw an animal a ways up the trail that appeared to be a juvenile mountain lion.  Moved like a cat, not a coyote, and didn't have the ears or tail of a coyote.  I decided against going any closer to make sure...

QOTD: I really haven't made many changes over the past year.  One thing I did, which is not particularly earth shattering, is that I stopped highlighting my hair.  I'm finally accepting that I'm getting older.    And hey, it saves me a bunch of money.

From today's run.  This is Tennessee Valley in the Marin Headlands.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ Ahhh- you're signed up for the 100k Beaverhead- a true glutton for punishment 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

^ Ahhh- you're signed up for the 100k Beaverhead- a true glutton for punishment 

But of course!  Go big or go home.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Yesterday's 3 miles took a lot of effort to put on the shoes and get myself out the door. Felt good once out, but sometimes... Chowder was happy. But he was also happy napping on the couch, too. Today is rain, plus more rain. I'm hoping for a window this afternoon. Regardless, I will get out for a short jog at some point.

qotd: Not sure-- not a lot of changes this year, which added to yesterday's meh-ness. I was able to start running with Chowder regularly as he got old enough. That really wasn't a decision but an inevitable. But sure does make me immensely happy. Except for his new habit of jumping or moving quickly to other runners. It's not aggressive, but it's not nice and unsettling to the runner and needs to stop.

NorthernHarrier

Managed to get out for 14.5 yesterday on a day that hit 40F with a little sunshine. Pretty nice for this time of year. Alas, reality sets in today as we're under a winter storm warning with 8" expected and it's just now starting to snow.  Probably just a stint on the rower today, if lucky maybe a little skiing tonight but the storm will determine that.

Put myself on the waitlist for the Never Summer 60k in Co. the end of July. 7 people ahead of me.  DW's big weekend up here with her lady friends so I had to self evict. Now I'm pondering making it a much longer stretch with a couple weeks camping/backpacking and maybe another event the week before in Idaho. To be determined yet, I do enjoy the planning.

QOTD--Hmmm, I guess selling our house and moving to the cabin.

Nuthin' yesterday (Saturday).  I had planned on a late afternoon run, but it was just too cold and windy and decided to run this morning, and I'm glad I did.  Stellar, beautiful day.  Slogged out 8 miles on mostly pavement, but that's okay.

May be an image of sky, ocean and nature

May be an image of bird, nature, ocean and sky

May be an image of nature and body of water

QOTD: Hmmm.  Kind of a tough one.  I'd have to say coming to grips with the fact that a 3+year layoff from running (due to injury) is going to take time to overcome, especially at age 55, and I'm just happy to be running again - something this time last year I honestly thought I'd never be able to do again.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Put myself on the waitlist for the Never Summer 60k in Co. the end of July. 7 people ahead of me.  DW's big weekend up here with her lady friends so I had to self evict. Now I'm pondering making it a much longer stretch with a couple weeks camping/backpacking and maybe another event the week before in Idaho. To be determined yet, I do enjoy the planning.

QOTD--Hmmm, I guess selling our house and moving to the cabin.

That Never Summer race is one I have considered. I didn't realize they had a 60K version.

I thought about you during the ice/snow storm we had a week or so ago. I saw some woodcock and a ton of jack snipe.

LB2

LB2

LB you know the rule, if you save money on a repair- that money can be spent on a new rifle or pack 

I am thinking a calendar year Mississippi hunting license after I get back from the Florida trip. That will give me all of April and the first two weeks of the spring 2022 season to hunt. Plus, I could go up there and deer hunt. It just depends on a few things I have in the works around here if it would be worth paying $350 for the license. I really don't need to go there to deer hunt; we have plenty of opportunities right here at house. If I don't go, I may get a new bow.

LB2

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning, rare for a weekend day.  Felt nice.

After doing some stuff around the house, I headed out for a training brick for the AR in a few weeks.  First did 15 miles on the MTB, some hike/bike trails and some dirt in the park. Then swung by the house to drop off the bike and ran 6 miles. Legs felt funky for about a mile and then ok, but trashed.  It was a good workout.  Oh yeah, it was 79 deg when I started biking and 82 when I started running.  Uuugh.  My legs are feeling tired.

Nice photos fatozzig and Gatsby, here are some I took on the ride this afternoon.

The trail, I usually run here, but today took the bike.

A happy family down on the bayou.

Otter point, next photo looking to the right from here.

Gator in the water on the far bank to the left of the tree (it's the grey horizontal blob).

tbd.