Trailer Trash

Vacation ender almost weekender Fridaily (Read 13 times)

We’re flying home from Ireland today. Very fitting that we woke up to rain when it’s time to depart, after a week of crisp, clear frosty mornings and mostly sunny days.  SRD today so at least I won’t be wearing wet shoes on the plane.

QOTD: Do you share vacation photos?  And with whom?  I usually post a few on Strava and here in RA, if I have my laptop and sufficient internet.  I usually text pics to my siblings and a couple friends.  I might put up a couple on FB after we’re home.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ have a safe trip- still jealous 

5 miles in bitter cold yesterday with TE, same as the last several days cold, but the wind is what makes miserable- supposed to improve today

will get out for a few miles later w/ TE

qotd yesterday: $3.99 yesterday when I filled up, the gas station I use sells their mid octane gas at the same price as the low grade one- makes me wonder who would fill up with the low grade????

qotd: family and a few forums, not a Facebook, Instagram, etc user

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

45 min of stat bike after work yesterday.  May get in a core/ST after work today.

Safe travels, Gatsby.

QOTD: Yes.  We shared a boat load of pics on FB from our trip last October to the Bend, OR, area.  Not sure anyone cared to see them. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2.8 walk and 3.2 run.  

qotd:  I share on FB....mostly as a way to store....and I may text a picture to a friend or family.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Baker and I ran 5 last night out at the lake. A bit milder, 50 or so. We did a similar but different route than the other day and still had to deal with the horse hoofed rutted meadow trails. The wooded sections were fine. A number of ducks and waterfowl along the banks and the one section of trail runs right alongside the lake. Baker was startling the birds into raucous flight. A few times we would see solo birds flying low and fast above the lake. Some interesting ducks there.. some that are nearly completely white.

Warmer yet today before this "winter" event blows in tomorrow morning. I think I will try to get in a longer run tonight. Longer meaning 6-7 miles. Ha. Thinking of an easier surface, so maybe the Big Woods trail. It's like a towpath/cinder trail surface that winds gently from the river up 300-400 feet to the boundaries of French Creek Park.

QOTD: Family has a group chat where we share photos now and then.. vacation, whatever. It's sort of fun. For a large group of photos like when I was in Iceland I will generally create an album (google/shutterfly) and share the link.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Since I missed yesterday's run, I did 10 mi this morning.  There is a complicated and crazy situation going on at work that I was thinking about while running, so I went faster than usual.  Actually felt pretty good.

The crazy thing at work is related to the international panel that I'm on, since the sanctions are applicable to us, we voted the Russians "off the island".  It certainly was an absolute no brainer as far as kicking them out due to the invasion, but they went kicking and screaming and trying to argue (incorrectly I might add) that they aren't included in the sanctions (they are). I've known some of the folks for over 15 years and I've had enough vodka with them over those years to know that they do not agree with the invasion, but we kicked them out anyway.  No choice (but also the right choice).

Gatsby - have a good flight. Don't get too drunk and become one of those unruly passengers!!!  As if. 

qotd: usually only text a few close family members.  Sometimes with you guys, sometimes on FB - but only if they are super impressive pics!!! 

tbd.

Sandy, interesting to hear your experience with the Russian sanctions!  

XT, my siblings and I have a group chat too… it’s been ongoing for years. 

On a layover in Boston now.  Ready to be home!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR