Trailer Trash

Monday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Happy Monday folks. Really nice, cooler than usual July weather here. Chowder and I got out for 4 miles of dog wogging. The hip still feels a little bruised, and the humidity started to kick in during the latter half, so we just walked it in. Nice morning out, though.

qotd: Any good streaming or reading these days? DH and I have been watching 'The Americans' as we are years behind on any current streaming fads. I have two books to pick up at the library, but my reading has been slow during the pandemic.

Sandy - It looks like you're about as prepared as you can be.  I'm excited for you!

An hour of core/ST this a.m., then road my bike to work.  Will take a harder than usual route home.  Tomorrow I get to sit through an 8-hour class to re-up my notary commission. Yay . . .   In CA, it used to be you only had to take a 3 hr course to renew once you had your commission.  If only that were still the case . . .

QOTD: I have one episode left of "The Terminal List," then I need to find something else to binge.  As far as movies go, we recently watched "Mr. Jones," "Robot and Frank," and last night "Kill Me Three Times."' Each movie couldn't be more different from each other, with the last one being a lot more violent than I  expected or would normally watch, as far as gratuitous violence goes.

Reading - I just finished "The Girl On The Train," which I almost gave up on, but am glad I didn't, and am now reading "The Dry," which I'm really liking.  Their the first fiction books that I've read in a very long time.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (1000/) with DW and Tiny Elvis this morning, mornings are cool afternoons are hot and getting hotter 

qotd: we're into season two of the The Boys- dark (dark) humor about a corporation that has several super heroes on their payroll and group of guys trying to expose the dark side of the "heroes"

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Not sure of run today. Probably 4-5 out at the lake but a sensible person would just go for a walk. Whonky left leg syndrome is back. Played internet doctor today with no firm conclusions. I do think something is impacting my peroneal nerve and/or tibial nerve. Fun fun fun. About to take a break for more foam rolling.

Good weekend though. Some nice loops at Birdsboro watershed with Baker and my buddy came down Saturday so him and his dog joined us. Baker took an accidental swim, going into a pool of water over his head. That boy can swim but not too gracefully. It took a funny turn of events, when my buddies dog that just watched the splashing decided she had to try it too. It went no better for her.

QOTD: I am still wrapping up "Stranger Things" and the missus and I are watching "Dark Winds" on AMC in real time. "Better Call Saul" final season starts soon. Not reading much, but I just did a quick reread of one of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books, "So long, and thanks for all the fish". That was the dolphins final words for humanity when they left the planet as there were plans for the planet's destruction to make way for a hyperspatial bypass.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

XT I loved that book...Don't forget your towel.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.1 today and it felt hot.

All clear on the A-Fib but still need to be on a blood thinner.  Learning first hand just how expensive medications can be.

I always have a towel in my car.

qotd:  Tried to watch The Longest Day a few days ago.  Couldn't get through it, and every time the scene shifted to the German sites, I kept hearing the Hogan's Heroes theme in my head.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  It’s hotter than hell down here. High was 106° yesterday and 103° today, in the morning it’s a cool 80°.  Silverton is gonna be great this week, low 50s to low 70s. 

qotd: we’re watching “The Old Man”, it’s good, but we actually have to wait until Fridays for new episodes, imagine that.

tbd.