Trailer Trash

Tuesday 8/7/18 (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Speaking of pacing...how does one find a crew and pacer(s)?  Eventually I'd like to do a 100 miler but no one, other than my virtual friends, does ultras.  I may end up just finding a 48 hour and do that (I'm also slow so a long cutoff will be needed).

What George said.

Timed 48hr's might be best way to go.  No pacer, plenty of people around, pass your drop bag every mile or so, AS's every mile or so. REst when you need to, etc.  I'm a Timed Event guy now, and looking for another 48 to do. DW did her first 100 at a 48 hour.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

LB- I ve been waking at 3:30 to run for going on ten years now, I'm at the point where I feel more comfortable running at that time than day light hours. No other people or traffic, just me and the deer. Quite enjoyable once you get use to the schedule.

I have done it regularly when I was training for something, but it has been awhile. I agree that is quite enjoyable.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Similar to what others said...depending on where you want to run a 100 you have a number of people on here who would probably do it.  Also, many races advertise pacer FB pages or other ways to connect to pacers.  When I paced Marie at OC100 a few years ago, I was hanging out at the start/finish (it's a looped course) and there were people hanging out there asking if runners who were coming in after their second (of third) loop if they needed a pacer.

Speaking of pacing...how does one find a crew and pacer(s)?  Eventually I'd like to do a 100 miler but no one, other than my virtual friends, does ultras.  I may end up just finding a 48 hour and do that (I'm also slow so a long cutoff will be needed).

My favorite day of the week is RUNday