Trailer Trash

Fartlek Friday (Read 13 times)

XtremeTaper

Probably a day off from running today. We will see. It's cloudy and good for running so maybe a few miles later.

Oh, runtrail. We have a pup reserved finally. End of August.

QOTD: Do you do fartleks (fun word) and weekend plans.

Mostly I just plod along these days but the past few weeks I've tried to pick things up again for short distances. Especially when doing a jog on the road. That was always my favorite speedwork.

No big plans this weekend. Usual yard chores and errands, some trail running, a round of golf, stuff like that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone. Nice easy 4 miles yesterday with TE- no heavy pack 

SRD today, just last minute packing. 

qotd: I did do them when I was running, they seemed to be worth the effort. 

I fly out tomorrow morning for the Brooks Range. I’ll see you guys in about 2.5 weeks!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD today.  The wedding is this evening.

mt: Have a great trip, stay safe.

qptd:  Does taking walking breaks count as “opposite fartleks”? 

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 1 mile walk with Jack and then almost 5 mike run.  It's sweaty out there.  

qotd: I do not.  
          wotd2:  Picking brother up from the airport tonight.  Then throwing a baby shower Saturday...it's actually just a barbecue (co-Ed).  Unfortunately it is 95% the baby Daddy's family.  So throwing a party for strangers.  Not to thrilled about that.  Sunday?  Hanging with my brother.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did we ever get a write about about the adventures or Warden and the Northern Harrier?

Morning everyone. Nice easy 4 miles yesterday with TE- no heavy pack 

SRD today, just last minute packing. 

qotd: I did do them when I was running, they seemed to be worth the effort. 

I fly out tomorrow morning for the Brooks Range. I’ll see you guys in about 2.5 weeks!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Safe travels, MT.  Oh - and have fun!!! 

Nothing for me so far today, but I'll get in some core and mobility work this evening.

QOTD 1: My coach has me doing various types of speed work once a week.  I guess some of it would be considered fartleks.  For the most part I've been enjoying it.  That being said, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's speed work, which is supposed to be a 30 min tempo run in the middle of my trail run.  Let's just say it's gonna be ugly.

QOTD 2: See above.  Then not much else, hopefully.  Except getting The Hub's invoices done at some point.  Oh - and I'm taking over 3 probates from a friend who's been helping out her "retired" family law attorney, so I need to familiarize myself with them and see what's left to do.  They're both retired, worked together for over 20 years, but took on these probates because the decedents were friends of the attorney.  Now, things have happened in her life and she wants out.  Let's just say I'll be charging a nice fee at the end of each one. 

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

4 miles with Chowder this morning along the creek. It was more humid today and C was feeling that, even with a creek break.

XT-- Congratulations on the new pup! Field or bench?

MT- Have a great trip!

Queen-- Good memory. No, neither of them posted a trip report.

qotd- I did pick up the pace on the last 3/4 mile as I was embarrassed by the pace reported on my watch. Otherwise, I do the same reverse fartleks as Sandy.  I do think they are a good idea and a couple of times a year, do some.

LB2

2.5 this morning. It was just an easy run/hike.

QOTD: I will do them when about twice a month when things cool down a little bit.

LB2