Trailer Trash

Welcome home, Wednesdaily (Read 17 times)

Arrived back from Ireland a little after 2 am on Tuesday.  International travel is a lot more complicated than it used to be (paperwork, testing requirements, proof of vax, etc.), but for good reason.  We did our part to support the local economy while being safe.  Here's where we stayed:

And this castle was across the bay:

QOTD: How long is the ideal vacation?  Or maybe it depends on what you are doing?  After about a week, I start worrying about things at home, like our dependents (birds) and how much work is pilling up.    I'm probably not doing vacationing right.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

I ran 4 miles this morning, and it was very smooth. I did the 4 miles in 35:58, which is a 9:15 pace. All I can really say is that it felt great. After that, I did 3 sets of curls, 3 sets of overhead dumbbell presses, and two sets of pushups (2x15). I'll make an effort to work that in at least a few times per week from here to the end of the year and try to expand it next year. I just have to get into that habit; it has been hit or miss for a long time, mostly miss.

QOTD: I think one week is about what I need, but I need it a couple of times per year.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: So far due to having animals with no one else to watch them DH and I "vacation" separately and it's been only to relatives so a week is all we can take visiting.  If we were going to vacation together...2 weeks would be great, enough time to relax and explore wherever we'd gone.  I'm limited on how much PTO I have also.  If I wasn't limited either on time or money I'd be gone all the time...maybe come "home" once a month for a couple of days, there's so much I still haven't seen or done.

XtremeTaper

Welcome back... so complicated flying now I agree.

6 miles last night on the hills of CW with Baker. We are back to grayness this week. This is a strange fall. So many gray overcast days. Pretty good run though. Right at 66 minutes which given the terrain is good for me. Crowded out there last night, relatively speaking. We saw 6 groups of humanoid(s) and 5 canines. That is rush hour at CW. Often the count is 0 or 2 max.

Will do my stretching/PT like exercises today, 4 x 25 pushups, and 4 or 5 out at the lake tonight after work.

QOTD: 7 day seems right. I did 10 nights in Iceland this year and while it was the right amount of time for our plans it was a bit too long, especially according the missus who had dog babysitting detail for ours my friend's.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

6 miles after work yesterday, and then 45 min of core/ST this morning.  At my turn around point yesterday,  I met and walked/talked with a guy who is a wilderness medic.  He works forest fires, FEMA disasters, etc.  He had 48 hrs off from a nearby fire he's been working, and he was walking by along the trail by the bay and taking pictures.  I stopped him to find out if he was local and if there was a local wilderness training course.  Alas, he is not local (from MT), but it was a good walk/talk.

QOTD: It depends on where/what.  When we went to Zimbabwe 6 years ago, we knew it was a once in a lifetime trip, so we were there for 3 weeks.  Last week's vacation was 10 days and I was ready to be back in my own bed.  We're mulling over getting a travel trailer (small-ish) for traveling when we retire - well, if I ever get to retire.  Then, I'd like to be able to travel for at least a month at a time - if we don't kill each other.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance