Trailer Trash

Winds-day (Read 9 times)

LB2

Not too windy from what I can tell. I'm quite a bit ahead of my mileage goals for March, so I'll drive much closer to where I plan to go this morning. I'll try to catch a fish while listening for turkeys and taking a shorter walk than normal. I have errands to run this morning.

QOTD: Any good books read lately?

I just finished an oldy but a goodie this morning, "The Count of Monte Cristo". Somehow, I ended up with a degree in English and had never read the book, which astounds me. Well, the degree is in English education, but I have no idea how I missed that classic. Everyone should read it.

LB2

runtraildc

I had my alarm set for a run this morning but I had a bad night of sleep so just turned it off  and got in more shuteye. Maybe I’ll run after work.

qotd- I just finished ‘How to say Babylon’’ By Safiya Sinclair. Interesting memoir of growing up in Jamaica in a strict Rastafarian household. I had little knowledge of Rastafari and it was very good, highly recommend

50+ min of core/ST this a.m.  I hadn't done single leg piston squats in awhile.  My left leg is definitely my weaker leg.

We have sun, glorious sun!! 

QOTD: I'm still reading "The Places in Between" by Rory Stewart who walked across Afghanistan.  It's a slow read.  "How to Say Babylon" sounds interesting.  I'm headed to Portland, OR, at the end of the month, and my buddy and I will be thrift shopping.  Part of that will be looking for books.  We also need to get rid of books.  We have waaaaay too many. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I love books, have spent hours in the library, book stores. I don't have any book cases since we moved and since on dialysis my attention span had shrunk to nothing. I do have a lot of Kindle books and Audible books ready when I get back to reading.

LB in HS I read all the classics and these book bans hurt my heart.  No books should be banned, if you don't like the topic, don't bloody read it but don't take that away from those who do want to read them.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Almost 5:00 PM here and I 'm still debating whether or not to run today.

QOTD: I've been branching out to other genre besides Sci-Fi and fantasy.  Read a couple of Agatha Christie mysteries, the Alice Hoffman Practical Magic series, and some novels by Sarah Addison Allen that also have magic of a sort in the themes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.