Trailer Trash

Thicket Thursday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I ran an easy 7.5 this morning. Between 7:10 and 7:20 this morning, I saw 6 different deer. It was cold for here, 34*. I have 12.5 planned for tomorrow morning.

QOTD: Any epic falls on the trail lately?

Yesterday, I took a break to get load up with firewood. I decided to walk into the woods next to my house to see if I could find any white acorns falling and deer sign around them. I did. But I spotted a white oak tree with a huge crown and figured there would be some sign there. As I was walking over, I had my hands in my pockets. My left foot somehow slid under a root. When I picked it up, it somehow got stuck in an old pine knot and down I went, hands in pockets. I did manage to get one hand out and break my fall with an elbow. I laid on the ground and laughed at myself for a few seconds before getting up. Not really "on the trail", but it was close enough.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did the fun run last night 4.5 miles.  Then a Sour Beer.  Running tonight with the trail group, more my speed.  

qotd:  yea I fell yesterday, not epic.  It's been snowing and the snow hide the mud and I slipped and went down.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Lazy week for me. Had my running stuff ready, got up early, let chowder out and then sat on the couch… we did get a walk in at sunrise. And I’ll run later

qotd- had some good falls in October. Just run of the mill ankle twisting

4 miles yesterday, just passed 2000 miles for the year!  At the airport now, heading to Dallas. Race is on Saturday at Glen Rose, TX.  Temps are going to be 30s and 40s, cold for me.

QOTD: No epic falls recently, but I was in a roll earlier this year. It seemed like every month I took a tumble and scraped my right knee. Always in the same spot, like it was my landing pad or something.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

4 miles yesterday, just passed 2000 miles for the year!  At the airport now, heading to Dallas. Race is on Saturday at Glen Rose, TX.  Temps are going to be 30s and 40s, cold for me.

QOTD: No epic falls recently, but I was in a roll earlier this year. It seemed like every month I took a tumble and scraped my right knee. Always in the same spot, like it was my landing pad or something.

Good luck!!! I am one of the few people I know who loves to run in the cold. Most people I know say it hurts their lungs. I love it; always have.

LB2

Good luck, Gatsby!!  And yeah, that's cold.  That kind of cold always kicks my asthma into full gear.

Got in 45 min of core/ST after work yesterday, and decided to make today a rest day and run 2 days in a row (tomorrow and Saturday), which I haven't been able to do in months, to see how the ole bod holds up.

QOTD: Thankfully, no.  Although awhile back I did the whole windmill arm thing trying to stay upright.

It's a stunner of a morning here.

May be an image of nature, cloud and twilight

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

Ran 4 with Baker at the lake last night. Cold NW winds are back. One section of the trail we took last night the wind blows straight across the water and it's like a different environment on a cold windy day. Once you move away from that section things feel much warmer. We ran into a few friendly off leash dogs towards the end of the run. Some good play/chase time for Baker.

One dog was a breed I never heard of.. a Catahoula/ leopard dog. LB2 maybe you know of the breed. The guy told me he rescued his from LA and they bred down there for wild boar hunting. The coat on the dog was very cool.

Run today will be at the local trail. The cold wind is still blowing.

QOTD: Yes, a few falls lately, but nothing epic. Leaf cover is very heavy now on the trails in the woods as it has not mulched down yet. So lots of hidden trip hazards. Funny, yesterday Baker took me down. He came up from behind me at a 50 yard full sprint. I heard him coming, usually we avoid each other but he bumped me as I swerved right and down I went on my backside.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

One dog was a breed I never heard of.. a Catahoula/ leopard dog. LB2 maybe you know of the breed. The guy told me he rescued his from LA and they bred down there for wild boar hunting. The coat on the dog was very cool.

I am very familiar with them. That is my father-in-law's favorite breed. He has had a few of them.

LB2

runtraildc

You all are killing me with this chatter about temps in the 30s and 40s about being painfully cold! 😀 where’s NH when he needs to be here to talk about what ‘cold’ really means. 

XT- was it a Plott hound? My brother had one, and he was a great dog (and athletic)

LB2

You all are killing me with this chatter about temps in the 30s and 40s about being painfully cold! 😀 where’s NH when he needs to be here to talk about what ‘cold’ really means. 

XT- was it a Plott hound? My brother had one, and he was a great dog (and athletic)

Plott hounds originally came from North Carolina. They were primarily used to hunt bears. They have some similarities to Catahoula's. And that would be my father in law's second favorite breed. He had 2. One recently died, so they are down to one. I really don't think you could look at any of the dogs my in-laws have had and get a good idea of what the breed is supposed to be like. LOL.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

9 miles. It appears my ankle can hold up to longer slow runs, and even a few strides, but it objects to anything long and strenuous.

qotd: No recent epic falls on or off trail.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Been busy the last few days so no running for 3 days. 

We’re in Denver today. Did 10 mi along a hike/bike trail along Cherry Creek, a nice trail. It was 23° and snowing a lot, a fun run!!

It’s still lightly snowing but the temps are dropping so it’ll be 13° in the morning, if the snow isn’t too deep I’ll do 4 or 5 mi.  We’ll see.

qotd: I tripped on a root last week and did a pretty good roll and popped back up, no harm no foul.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good luck Gatsby.....perfect running temps!

my dog Earl was a Plot/Blue Tic.  Very handsome boy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄