Trailer Trash

Humpdaily (Read 14 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  I'm off work through November 7 - Woohoo! 

4 miles (900') for Tiny Elvis and I yesterday.  TE went over a 1000 miles and I went over 1500 miles, so far so good Smile  Have errands and a few chores to run/do today, but will get out for a few miles sometime today and possibly to the gym.

Will get my pack ready to go, going to backpack in to an area I have special permit for deer (mule deer)- just going for a couple of days.  It's also open for elk, so we'll see what happens.  My big backcountry trip into the Northwest part of the state had to be cancelled as my buddy's dad took a bad spill at home and now they want to get him into a safer place.

qotd: any particular genre of music that you listen to?  I tend to listen to mostly 60's/70's rock, but a couple of years ago (thanks to Sirius FM) was turned on to 80's/90's grunge/alternative music, which I like, probably because of the similarities to some of the stuff coming out of the 60's and 70 's Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Being a hobby jogger now I took a day off yesterday due to the weather. The backside of a noreaster' was blowing by and granted we were on the edge of it but there was some chilly wind and rain. Ha. What a wuss I've become. In days gone by I would have certainly gone out for a run in those conditions. Well, at least I did get a mile in walking the dogs.

Sunny and breezy today. Good conditions for hobby jogging! 4 or 5 with Baker is the plan. We might search out some flat trails to keep up with the wuss theme.

QOTD: I listen to satellite radio, mostly 70'-90's stuff. Channels on my favorites list:

Deep Tracks, Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, Ozzie's Boneyard, First Wave, Lithium

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Lithium is the one stumbled upon going through Sirius 4-5 years ago and I was "how did I miss this?" 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hello my trashy friends.   I have been MIA as my soon to be ex came to town and rehabbed my house.  With me doing the grunt work.   So even though I walked the dogs I was not running.  Speaking of dogs, Earl was put to sleep about two weeks ago.     He was a great running partner.   So no run today as first day the STBE (soon to be ex) just left today.  But tomorrow I will run.  

qotd:  I like 70s to today's .  Right now country is my go to.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Morning, Gang -

45 min of core/ST this morning.  I was inspired by a commercial that showed someone in a side plank holding their top leg and arm up in the air, basically forming kind of an X with all for appendages.  Through my hamstring PT, I've been working on lifting the top leg up and down during the 1 min plank hold.  I managed to lift and hold the leg for a few seconds 3x (both sides) before my form started falling apart.  It means things are stronger than I give myself credit for.  I'm pretty much completely paranoid about reinjuring my hamstring, and have a tendency to not give myself credit for all the hard work I've put in the last 2+ years.

Queen - It's tough having to let go of our 4-legged friends. Late last year/early this year, we had to put down 3 of our 5 cats - all within 6 mos of each other, two of them within 3 weeks of each other.  Our house feels empty.  I'd like to adopt a couple more, but I'm not sure how one of our remaining 2 would handle it.  He's not good at sharing. 

QOTD: My taste in music is kind of all over the map, but I lean toward EZ listening, classic rock, good country, classical.  I don't like hip hop, heavy metal, grunge, rap.  I was raised on country music, and with a few exceptions, I can't stand the pop "country" that's being produced now, although artists like Eric Church give me hope.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

I had another good run this morning. It was only 3 miles. I am scaling back my mileage slightly to not go too far over my amended goal. Maybe I should be extending my mileage to get back on track for my original goal; both were modest. Originally, it was 1200 miles, but I backed down to 1000 miles. I'll hit 1000 easily. But, I factored in deer season. So, I want to try to keep life in balance.

QOTD: I mostly listen to Pandora. Typically, I am listening to country music that you wouldn't find on the radio: Mike and the Moonpies, Turnpike Troubadours, Cody Jinks, etc. However, I also listen to a lot of 90's alternative and metal. From time to time, I'll listen to blues and some bluegrass. I'm all over the place, but listening to music has always been a central part of my life. I appreciate most forms, but I do not like "Hick-Hop" aka "Bro-Country" like Morgan Wallen and a host of other douchebag artists.

LB2

. . . but I do not like "Hick-Hop" aka "Bro-Country" like Morgan Wallen and a host of other douchebag artists.

I "discovered" The Tesky Brothers last year, a blues-rock band out of Australia. Love them.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen, I’m sorry to hear about Earl.  He sounded like a very good boy.   Nice that the work on the house is done. 

7 for me this morning. Was huffing and puffing a bit but too stubborn to slow down.  Trying to get back in a groove then will restart with my coach in Nov.

QOTD: 80s and 90s for me. And sports.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Queen so sorry to hear about Earl, we know that pets become part of the family and it's always a tough loss 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √