Trailer Trash

Momma Monday (Read 15 times)

LB2

Ended up taking Sunday off from running altogether. I tried to get some yard work done, but my back yard looks like some sort of mud track. I got some grass cut and had to use the weed eater to do the rest. I at least got it knocked down. I ran/hiked 2.5 miles this morning and did about a 1/2 mile of trail clearing after that and before work. I saw a doe and two fawns on my run.

QOTD: Do you have anything special planned for Labor Day?

Not really. I hope to have the pool in good order for a possible swim. I have been fighting algae for a week with all this rain. I finally got it back to decent shape after about 15 pounds of chlorine.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Probably run solo up on the hills at CW tonight. I had a slow but decent enough 8 mile run on Saturday at the BrynCoed natural lands preserve. I like to run there now and then even though much of the course is open to the sun. It's like running on someone's farm, which in fact is what the place is/was. Looks like a new section of trail will be added soon to connect some more land that is listed on the preserve's plan which will allow for more a loop run if one chooses instead of out/back popsicle route. Saw a very cute dog out there.. a springer blue tick hound mix. It looked a miniature GSP.

QOTD: Nothing special, but my plan is not to Labor!

Gatsby - Well done on the marathon!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles (900' ) with Tiny Elvis this morning- cool and crisp, but sadly the heat returns today 

qotd: might be heading to the Cabinet Mtns, buddy's father-in-law drew a sheep tag- after 40 years of applying!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

qotd: might be heading to the Cabinet Mtns, buddy's father-in-law drew a sheep tag- after 40 years of applying!

That would be awesome to tag along on that trip.

LB2

Nice race, Gatsby!

Lots of slow walking over the weekend with they lady friends.  Three are 71-72 and one is 76.  I'm 56.  One of the 71 yo is in good shape and she and I did a nice .75 mile vigorous walk at the botanical gardens yesterday (she took me on some great trail I never knew was there) while the other 3 sat it out.  I did, however, get in about 45 min of core/ST Saturday.

Today - nothing so far.  I'm do something when I get home.  Who knows.

Wkend QOTD: Never lived outside the US, but I'd probably opt for Australia.  We had the opportunity to visit a number of years ago and fell in love with the place.  Of course, this is totally theoretical since, when you read the "fine print", there are things that obviously would make it very hard or impossible at this point. 

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Congratulations on the marathon, Gatsby!!! Good job!!

LB2

Sandy-2

Uuuugh, talk about a messed up freaking thing!!

On Thursday our DD went in to get an out-patient procedure done and as they were finishing up there was a complication from the anesthesia. They think she is allergic to the gas they used. They rushed her to the ICU and intubated her.  We got a call and rushed to the hospital and met her at the ICU.

You could tell the doctors and staff were very very concerned. She was alert and able to communicate with us the whole time, but she was also scared. She was on a breathing tube (not a ventilator) until early Friday morning. Then she stayed in the ICU until Saturday when she went home. They would have moved her out of the ICU late Friday but they didn’t have a ‘regular’ room available.

She’s doing great now, but still taking it easy, but yeah she scared the crap out of us!!

For obvious reasons I didn’t run any of those days. But I did run Sunday and today. 

qotd: no plans for Labor Day.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Very slow 5.3 miles today. There have been days when I walked faster.

Gatsby -nicely done at the marathon.  My friend Amy was there and finished about 15 minutes before you. You two may know each other since she runs a lot of ultras.  A marathon is a short race for her.

qotd:  Well I sort of got started early on the holiday weekend as I spent Sunday at Gettysburg with my daughter taking in a couple ranger walks.  It was her first time there.  Saturday I have my 12-hour Hainesport NJ, race which promises to be hot and sunny.  Between the 12-hour, 24-hour, 100M, and the GOMU 48-hour races there will be over 100 of us on the narrow park path.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gatsby -nicely done at the marathon.  My friend Amy was there and finished about 15 minutes before you. You two may know each other since she runs a lot of ultras.  A marathon is a short race for her.

I do know Amy.  We met at a race at Crissy Field in SF just before the pandemic.  I think a marathon is sort of small potatoes for her.  

Sandy, scary stuff about your DD's reaction to the anesthesia.  Glad that it turned out well, but I can't imagine how stressful that must have been.

SRD today.

QOTD: Not really.  Taking my dad to a Cal Bears football game on Saturday, maybe doing a short trail race on Sunday, and then probably catching upon chores on Monday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR