Trailer Trash

Tailored Tuesday (Read 20 times)

Tailored to what, I have know idea.  It's all I could come up with. 

30 min of biking to nowhere this morning, and yesterday it was 40 min of core/ST, focusing on the hips/glutes/hamnmies.  Had a doc appt yesterday so I could get a PT referral.  Although, she said almost all the PT offices are so impacted right now, it could take 6-8 weeks to get in.  I'm hoping that, since I'm a prior customer and got "preferential" treatment from my PT guy because I'm a runner, I'll be able to get in sooner.  However, I'm not leaving anything to chance and have an appt this a.m. with my sports chiro - which is not covered by insurance, but oh well.

Yesterday QOTD: The Hub made a pasta concoction with leftover manicotti stuffing.  It was okay.  Needs hot sauce.  Oh, and we call it "dinner."

QOTD: Where did you grow up?  I grew up in a small town on the central coast of California called "Cambria."  It was a really great place to be a kid.  I loved it there.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Met up with a running friend this morning for a chilly run. He just moved into the 80+ age group and he's still running. We took the paved trail and there was a lot of ice on the many bridges, so 'slow and easy' was the motto.  Chowder stayed home as my friend is not a dog person. C was not happy and did his 'one angry bark' when I left the house. He doesn't do this when I leave for other reasons. He knows.

Fatozzig-- good luck on the PF and the docs.

qotd: St Paul, MN. It's a neighborhood town -- meaning that our area was tightly knit and felt like a small town, but in a big city (which I didn't fully appreciate until adulthood).  And many of my childhood friends still live in the area-- many within a mile or so.

LB2

Ran 3 this morning.

QOTD: Grangeville, LA.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Chest cold and achy this am...pretty sure it wasn't from the pickleball which was fun but a we bit slow with 2 of us beginners.  So walked 3.5  with Jack...just bush whacking following deer tracks.  

qotd:  Traverse City MI from age 6 to 17 and now I am back

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Jogged 3 up at the local trail late afternoon yesterday. Mix of crusty snow and rutted ice patches on the trail. Good excuse for the jogging pace. A lady out near the trail cautioned me to bundle up tomorrow. Similar plan for today. Looks like my running jogging window is about 2:30pm today as I have conference calls on the back end of my day.

QOTD: I lived on the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio until 6th grade then we moved 50 miles south to a farm county for my junior and high school years. Sheffield Lake and Wooster. I remember many a bitter cold and snowy winter, and when we lived near the lake it was cool to see it freeze over in the winter. One of the reason I ran the Mohican 100 is because I spent time there in my teenage/older kid years.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles and a little over a 1000' for Tiny Elvis and I this afternoon

qotd: Parish New York; a little burg north of Syracuse about 40 miles- graduating class of 38   Moved to Wyoming when I was 18 and then to Montana when I was 20.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Went into the office today. Got stuck in some meetings and phone calls… so no run today.  I’ll make up the miles later in the week.

qotd: small town of Sayville, NY. South shore of Long Island a stones throw from the Great South Bay, we were all bay & boat rats. Raced sailboats all summer. A great place to grow up.

tbd.

Warden, can't complain about the views, can ya?  

5.4 miles this morning, including intervals.

QOTD: like Fatozzig, I'm a native Californian.  Grew up in the SF Bay Area, a little north of the GG Bridge.  From yesterday, we called the last meal of the day "dinner".  "Supper" was something they ate on Little House on the Prairie.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Coldest day of the season so far, 25F when I went out for 3.

QOTD:  Grew up in the west suburbs of Chicago.  Main meal of the day was supper.  Dinner was the mid-afternoon Sunday meal.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Pain is my friend

15.7 mile run today. Didn't have to work. I started at 10 am and it was still 32 F.  This was a moderate race pace training today. Ave 7:46 pace. Felt great the whole time. I feel I recovered well from my weekend long run (22 miles Ave 7:56).

qotd: I grew up 6 mile south of where I am now. Kearns UT. A suburb of the Salt Lake valley.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: Am I the only military brat?  Was born in TN then when 4 moved to CA, lived there a year then to NH.  Was there until 8 or 9 then my dad retired from the AF and we moved to FL, the east coast near Palm Bay.  Lived in that area until I joined the Army at 22.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Went into the office today. Got stuck in some meetings and phone calls… so no run today.  I’ll make up the miles later in the week.

qotd: small town of Sayville, NY. South shore of Long Island a stones throw from the Great South Bay, we were all bay & boat rats. Raced sailboats all summer. A great place to grow up.

Wait- I thought you retired?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √