Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

LB2

4 miles and some weightlifting around the pool. No walking today except for the time I had to change to another podcast.

Road Trip Update: The solo daughter trip ended for the evening at The Westin in St. Louis, MO. Road trips are supposed to be about dirtbagging it, but she found the most expensive place she could and dirtbagged it there. LOL.

• Me: "Why did you stay there?"
    • Her: "Well, it looked really nice."
    • Wife/Stepmom: "That makes perfect sense to me. She has been on the road all day by herself..." 

QOTD 1: What is your favorite podcast if you listen to them?

Bear Grease

QOTD 2: What, if any, musical genre are you most frequently listening to right now?

Alternative/Indie. I have been listening to a lot of CAAMP, Trampled by Turtles, and Rainbow Kitten Surprise (Surprisingly good stuff)

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (800’ )early with DW And Tiny Elvis; they’re now saying no relief in sight until the end of the month- oh joy 

qotd: not too many, have listened to a few from Uphill Athlete

qotd2- alternative, but it’s 90’s alternative- didn’t discover it until 2012– ish 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

11.58 predawn bike miles.  I don't know why I don't do predawn rides more often.  They're a lot more enjoyable - no cars!  Although, I almost had a heart attack when I saw movement out of my peripheral and thought it was a deer.  Ended up being a dude dressed in dark clothes out walking his dog.

QOTD: Trail Runner Nation, Up and Vanished, and How I Built This

QOTD: I listen to all sorts of music, no specific genre, but I'm a country girl at heart - real country.  Not the techno wrap pop country crap that's been coming out.  Lately, I've been OD'ing on Eric Church and David Nail.  IMHO, David Nail is one of the most underrated singers out there, whether or not you like country music.  He has an incredible voice.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

QOTD: Trail Runner Nation, Up and Vanished, and How I Built This

QOTD: I listen to all sorts of music, no specific genre, but I'm a country girl at heart - real country.  Not the techno wrap pop country crap that's been coming out.  Lately, I've been OD'ing on Eric Church and David Nail.  IMHO, David Nail is one of the most underrated singers out there, whether or not you like country music.  He has an incredible voice.

I listen to a lot of country, too. It is mostly Red Dirt/Texas stuff like Turnpike Troubadours, Mike and the Moonpies, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Cody Jinks, etc. And of course, there is always metal, my first love. I have just been on a kick with this other stuff this summer. I don't care much for what is coming out of Nashville and haven't since about the first day I heard something from Garth Brooks.

LB2

LB2

qotd2- alternative, but it’s 90’s alternative- didn’t discover it until 2012– ish 

That is what I associate with "alternative". I was just googling a few of the groups I mentioned above to see what they were labeled as, and it came up "alternative/indie". I hear Nirvana and Soundgarden on Classic Rock stations now. That seems like just yesterday to me... I think they call that getting old. LOL.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

That is what I associate with "alternative". I was just googling a few of the groups I mentioned above to see what they were labeled as, and it came up "alternative/indie". I hear Nirvana and Soundgarden on Classic Rock stations now. That seems like just yesterday to me... I think they call that getting old. LOL.

when I "discovered" this alternative/grunge music it was roughly 20-ish years after the fact; I'd ask my daughters if they heard of this band or that band- they'd say "geez Dad, yeah when were back in high school" 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Mike: That is hilarious!!!

LB2

runtraildc

Chowder and I got in almost 4 in Rock Creek at lunchtime. Was a bit more humid than I thought, so we had to take it slow. Chowder also got an extended 'sit in the creek' break to cool down. Very quiet in the woods, albeit a bit muddy and slick in areas. We had a lot of rain last night, with hours of thunder and lightning.

qotd: National Park After Dark. and then a lot of NPR. Music-wise, I'm still stuck in High School/College-- a lot of David Bowie, U2, REM...you know, classic alternative rock. Smile

Sandy-2

I got my ass outta bed this morning, ran to the park, did a loop on the trails, then ran home - 10 miles total.  Once again it was extra 'tropical' this morning because we were rocked with thunderstorms, a ton or rain, and the associated tornado warnings yesterday in the late afternoon into the early evening. By the way I didn't get yesterday's run or mtb ride in because of it, but we needed the downpour so I'm ok with missing out. We got about 2.5 inches of rain over a span of about 4 or 5 hours, it was pretty soggy this morning.

qotd: I don't listen to any podcasts.

qotd2: Yeah, I guess you'd call it alternative, but also old-ish rock mixed in there too.  I will say that my DS always gives me credit that 'back in the day' he heard Nirvana (and others like Green Day) on my car radio long before his friends started listening to them, he specifically remembers.... "Hey Wait, I got a new complaint...".

tbd.

XtremeTaper

No run yesterday per the plan. Will hit the trails at the lake after work for the usual 5 mile loop that I have not run in a few weeks. I think the humidity may be dropping or has already done so but still warm.

QOTD: No podcasts here.

QOTD2: 70's - 90's stuff mostly. I am lazy about music these days so mostly listen to Sirius XM. Back in the day I did like a few obscure artists like King's X, Marillion, and a few others.

LB2 - Wow, nice digs for your DD in St. Louis. Driving through their OK we almost always stopped in Collinsville IL for the night at the Drury Inn. It sounds awful, but was a decent place that took dogs. They are scattered about the country. Not quite slumming it... that would be Motel 6 or Quality Inn. You never know what's going to happen at those places.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

XT, there's a Drury right off 44 in Joplin MO.  Motel 6/Quality Inn are the Waffle House's of the Hotel chains.

LB I'm with your DD.  Dirtbagging it is staying in a hotel with no room service.

I don't care much for what is coming out of Nashville

I agree.  Most of the crap coming out of wherever just sucks.

I was raised on Glenn Campbell, Johnny Cash, Lynn Anderson, George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Marty Robbins, etc.  Barbara Mandrell's song "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool" was my anthem.  

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I can definitely listen to Johnny Cash and Marty Robbins 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5 milles in the evening - spied the local fox at the edge of the woods tonight.

qotd1:  don't listen to podcasts

qotd2:  Celtic, classical, and classic rock

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.