Trailer Trash

DOs and DO NOTs of running your first marathon (Read 48 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Saw this today, from The Oatmeal, and since many of us started out as marathon runners it's worth a good chuckle.

DOs and DO NOTs of running your first marathon

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I have never run a marathon, but I might forward the link to my co-worker who will be running her first marathon in October!

Run for fun.

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

My new favorite phrase:

"Ass-o-clock in the morning".  I think that is my least favorite thing about races...

A close 2nd is those super chatty people that want to chat when I am clearly giving off all polite non-verbals that I am not in the mood to chat.  Guess I should start running with headphones when I am in curmudgeon mode.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

moonlightrunner

I have never run a marathon, but I might forwmultiple marath link to my co-worker who will be running her first marathon in October!

You have run marathons...you just choose to run mutiple marathons in a day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

The guy who writes The Onion is an ultrarunner.

I've seen this guy at many ultras.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

For some reason I find those cartoons disturbing. But of course I am a curmudgeonly social misfit!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

For some reason I find those cartoons disturbing. But of course I am a curmudgeonly social misfit!

+1

You people have issues 

Messenjah

I am so guilty of wearing 2 watches and my RoadID and the pack with an extra handheld Smile

The guy who writes The Onion is an ultrarunner.

I've seen this guy at many ultras.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

You have run marathons...you just choose to run mutiple marathons in a day!

Oh, riiiiight. I forgot.

+1 on the chatty people. At the OC100, the chatting would not stop for the first 2 or 3 hours, by then I was super-charged and had some excess energy to spend on picking up the pace, just to escape from the constant "noise".

Run for fun.