Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi all. I'm new to this forum but not to RA. I reside in Beginners and Beyond. I may just lurk for a while. Finished my first ultra and had a great time. Since so many ultras seem to be on the trails, thought I'd check them out. Had my first trail run today in many a year. I think it was a success, only two falls, several near twisted ankles, and a bunch of stubbed toes, all while getting lost twice. I saw someone has the Tyler Trail 10K in their signature, so they may be near me. That's the last trail race I ran back in 1999. Today's run was right next door at Ridley Creek SP.

Welcome, George!  Don't lurk!  We'd love to have you.  Glad to see you finally made it over here.  I hear if you send the deadbeat moderator chocolate, she won't kick you out when you do a road run.  Big grin

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Welcome, George!  Don't lurk!  We'd love to have you.  Glad to see you finally made it over here.  I hear if you send the deadbeat moderator chocolate, she won't kick you out when you do a road run.  Big grin

I only make deliveries in person except to SR.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, darn!  Well, you'll just have to come run Ice Age then. I'll bake cookies!

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Flew into Seattle and drove to Leavenworth to get settled for my FKT attempt this weekend. We're staying in a great lodge on the river, overlooking the snow capped Cascades. This is going to be a pretty awesome weekend.

Yes. Western Main Line. I was looking at a couple trail races coming up, but after today's run I wondering if I'm ready for something like that yet. Do you know anything about the Media Mud Stain 5M & 10M or the Evansburg SP 10M? With the pace I ran today, and I don't think I could go much faster at this point, if there's a time limit I don't think I'd finish under it.

I ran the Tyler 10k this year (referencing your previous post). What an awesome race, definitely on my list of yearly races!

I live in Philadelphia, went to school on the main line (Villanova). Nice to have more Philly folks on the forum!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Flew into Seattle and drove to Leavenworth to get settled for my FKT attempt this weekend. We're staying in a great lodge on the river, overlooking the snow capped Cascades. This is going to be a pretty awesome weekend.

With a room like that it may be hard to get up and run tomorrow.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄