Trailer Trash

Too humid Tuesday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Ugh, it was swampy this morning when I took Chowder out to play ball. Yesterday was a strength training day. Today, I'll either run or row, depending on whether this humidity drops or gets worse. I don't like humid.

And yikes about HR and Covid (and covid, in general). We've been really good about wearing masks thru the pandemic, but that has fallen off lately. For example, wore masks in the airport and plane on the way to KY, but ditched them on the way home.

qotd: You get to go anywhere for 2-4 days, starting tomorrow. Ticket and expenses covered-- where are you going? It's a short trip, including travel so I don't want to go far. Newfoundland is on my list. As well as Cape Breton. so one of those. Both have lots of trails/remote areas so I'm bringing my running shoes.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

qotd: You get to go anywhere for 2-4 days, starting tomorrow. Ticket and expenses covered-- where are you going? It's a short trip, including travel so I don't want to go far. Newfoundland is on my list. As well as Cape Breton. so one of those. Both have lots of trails/remote areas so I'm bringing my running shoes.

You need a lot more than 2-4 days for Newfoundland.  It's a lot larger than I expected and not easy to get from one area to another.  Gros Morne NP has some great hiking.  Also check out the East Coast Trail which is easily accessible from St John's.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

Barely a run last night but Baker and I did get 2 miles out at the lake. Late start due to work and I had errands to run and while I thought about doing a 2 miles across the road on the spin cycle loop opted for the lazy man option. Run tonight? TTBD.

QOTD: Assuming travel is not part of the 2-4 days, Bora Bora for some snorkeling, though that is a long travel day(s) for a short stay. The missus would like that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Yesterday was our 35th anniversary.  We celebrated by me doing an hour stationary bike ride when I got home, then leftover tuna casserole.  Keepin' the love alive! 

An hour of core/ST this a.m., then rode my bike to work.  Since we bought our bikes in April, I've racked up over 224 miles.

I think the PT for my foot is working.  Slowly, but it's working.  Had a good talk with my physio about shoes, my MAT therapy, and getting more active on my feet.  He wants me to start some "distance" walking and see how it goes.  I say "distance," 'cause we're talking let's try a 1/2 mile at my regular power walking pace and see how the foot reacts.

QOTD 1: I listened a lot to the Five for Fighting album "Battle for Everything" when The Hub and I were going through an extremely hard time  in our marriage about 11 years ago.  Any song from that album gets to me a bit.

QOTD 2: Boy, that's a tough one since.  Two to 4 days isn't very long.  Somewhere in Canada.  Never been there and it's close enough to not take all day to get there.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

runtrail: swampy indeed, I feel your pain.  I slept in this morning, probably ride the mtb 10 miles before dinner.

qotd: I’m thinking a quick trip up to Banff, Canada. Just looked, temp there is 68°F.

tbd.

LB2

Three miles this morning. Weight it back down to where I need it to be. I need to sign up for a race later today.

QOTD: I'd probably go to the North Pole and sit naked on a block of ice. But, then again, I may go to British Columbia.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No runnstill fir no good reason

Qotd:  lol...guess I'll see Sandy.  Banff was my choice too!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Made it back yesterday- great trip- traveling sucks Big grin

5 miles with DW and Tiny E this morning (very early as it's scorching here )

qotd: hmmmm- I'll say Juneau, want to take a peek at it and I know it's cool (temperature cool)

few pics from the High Sierra's

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Well, I just signed up for a 100 mile race. I guess I feel motivated.

LB2

Running Problem

Problem Child

Humidity is at 27%. It rained yesterday so it's kind of high. I kind of grew up in it. Home town currently has the same weather as I do, but I'm at 4,500 ft not sea level.

ALL expenses paid? 2-4 days?

https://barlows.us/4wd-training/rubicon-trail/

This trip includes exclusive guide service, with the first night’s camp at Buck Island Lake. On day 2, travel the rest of the way to Rubicon Springs for early arrival for the start of the Jamboree. Spend day 3 relaxing at Rubicon Springs, with music, food, kid’s activities, and all the fun that Jamboree has to offer. Plenty of time to fish, hike and swim, too! Then Nick will guide you out and return to Georgetown on day 4. Meals on the trail and at Rubicon Springs are included. All Jeep Jamboree activities and meals are included. Camping equipment is available by advanced request. Children 6 or older are welcome.

4 day Jeepers Jamboree for me, two boys, and the wife. I'll smuggle in the kids who aren't 6 years old. With enough of your money I can convince them a 3 year old is acceptable in my Jeep with his father and mother.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

which one?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Way to go!   Hoping to become a long distance runner again too.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First rest day in a couple of weeks or so.

qotd: Maybe a quick return trip to Iceland. I hit the tourist sites on my first. I'd like to see the rest of the island.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Woot!  Go big or go home!  What race?  Or should we make that tomorrow's QOTD... guess LB's race.

Fatozzig, glad you're feeling a little more positive about the foot.  Happy anniversary!

Warden, great pics from the high sierras,  The scenery is so beautiful it looks fake.

7 miles today with uphill strides.

QOTD: I'll hope on a plane to Kauai.  Tropical plants, drinks, waterfalls, and snorkeling in a warm ocean sound good to me.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

The MS50, in Laurel, Mississippi, is adding a 100 mile option to the event. It is March 3, 2023. Race starts at noon on Friday and ends at 6PM on Sunday, same time as the 50 miler ends that starts at 6AM on March 4th. I have run the course back in 2011 when I ran my first trail race. That race may be the only one that gives out a buckle for 50 miles. I never ran the 50 miler there (ran the 50K), but the course is horse trails. It is a pretty low key event. I don't really consider this to be a first time event because the race is old. The 100M distance is new. I ran a first time event in 2015, and boy was it an adventure. I wouldn't be surprised if there were still participants wandering around out there trying to find the next aid station. LOL.

Woot!  Go big or go home!  What race?  Or should we make that tomorrow's QOTD... guess LB's race.

Fatozzig, glad you're feeling a little more positive about the foot.  Happy anniversary!

Warden, great pics from the high sierras,  The scenery is so beautiful it looks fake.

7 miles today with uphill strides.

QOTD: I'll hope on a plane to Kauai.  Tropical plants, drinks, waterfalls, and snorkeling in a warm ocean sound good to me.

LB2