Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 13 times)

LB2

I ran a tempo run this morning for 5 miles. It felt good to stretch it out a little after all this slow stuff.

QOTD: Not counting the current and former POTUS, who was is your favorite or least favorite POTUS?

My least favorite POTUS is LBJ. I think he was a scoundrel who belittled people on a level that was psychopathic in my opinion. I thought of this because I was watching a YouTube video about him. This guy treated people horribly.

My favorite is Teddy Roosevelt. What Teddy did for this country has stood the test of time, and I think he was the greatest POTUS we ever had.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (1100') yesterday; I received one jacket fairly late to test and so had to suffer through 4 miles of wearing a totally drenched base layer under it in 32 degree weather- at least there is no dawdling 

Think I'm going to head for the Big Belt Mountains today and hike up Trout Creek Canyon- really pretty steep walled canyon 

qotd: Teddy Roosevelt for favorite- a hunter and conservationist; a moderate and an independent thinker something that is has been lost for a long time sadly; worst- not sure they have been quite a few, LBJ comes to mind for ratcheting up the conflict in Vietnam

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

45 min of core/ST after work yesterday.  I'm supposed to do 30 min of stationary biking today, but my sleep the last few weeks has been horrible, and last night was bad.  I take a small portion of a medication when I absolutely can't get to sleep, but it leaves me feeling hungover, which is how I feel today.  Depending on how the day goes, I may leave early to get in my workout.

QOTD: Hmmmm . . . not sure.  But on the subject of presidents, I read Bret Baier's "Three Days in January: Dwight Eisenhower's Final Mission."  The man was a real class act.  The book is well worth reading.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walked Jack about 2.5 going to do brew run tonight which is usually 3 to 5 boring city miles....

qotd:  lol you are asking the wrong person....I don't know shit about presidents!  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

5 last night out at the lake. Sun is setting now just past 5pm. The trails were a bit messy. Slick mud in many places. Today, mild out there, 50 degrees or so at lunch. Another 5 miles but out on the trails of Coventry Woods. Better footing out there as those are more "woodsy" trails running up a big ridge so drain well in most spots.

QOTD: Not a big student of presidential history, so I am sort of indifferent to the POTUS, other than a recent one.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Hi folks, been a bit so I'm checking in. Sitting in a reclining beach chair looking at water and dunes with the temp about 70F. I think this works well for me.  Been doing a little Florida trail running but no beach running yet as I have to get to a couple other parks that have more suitable sand. Did 13.5 miles of sandy trails on my mt. bike and that left me pretty gassed this morning. Otherwise it's just the daily rigors of camping on the gulf coast.

QOTD--that's a tough one. Even the so called great ones had some serious flaws. Almost easier to come up with a list of the worst ones. Maybe Grant for recognizing Yellowstone and really getting conservation heading in the right direction. T. Roosevelt for the National forest protection along with Yosemite, I guess Lincoln did pretty good all things considered.  IDK.  Little known fact--Washington was not really the 1st president. Look it up....

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning before the weather turned bad. Very warm and humid.  We were supposed to get lots of rain, thunderstorms and perhaps a tornado warning when the cool front went thru, but we ended up getting none of those.  But the temps did drop so that was good.

qotd: I have never really thought about favorites or worst, but yeah, LBJ was not a favorite, also Nixon. I can give nods to T. Roosevelt for the national parks expansions and FDR for the new deal and civil programs associated with getting us out of the great depression.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Been some strange QOTDs recently: traffic stories, murder!!!

Haven't had much to report since I'd been restricted to walking but I'm finally running again, though only 15 minutes twice a day. Interspersed with my walking I'm on my feet exercising for 40+ miles per week.

today's qotd: least favorite is probably Andrew Jackson after the way he treated indigenous populations.  Favorite is probably Lincoln since I was thoroughly indoctrinated growing up in Illinois, though I have a very high opinion of T. Roosevelt.

An odd event in Valencia, Spain, over the weekend makes trail running all the more appealing

Valencia 10K start (in Spanish)

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.