Trailer Trash

New Trail Tuesday (Read 16 times)

XtremeTaper

Ran 3 miles last night on the road from the house. It was wonderfully crisp and chilly... about 30 with blinding sun and nip in the air but little to no wind. Ran my standard cloverleaf loop, and did pretty well.. 24:57. About a minute faster than a few weeks back. I've plodded this thing around 29 minutes many times so that was a good time for these old legs. Signed up for my turkey trot yesterday so maybe I am close to that 25 minute goal.

QOTD: What's on tap for adult beverages? Any new finds.

I've been picking up pints from New Trail Brewing, Williamsport PA. The name caught my eye but their beer is good. Especially their west coast style IPA's when you can find them. Lately it's been their Replenish IPA but I picked up their Belgian Tripel this weekend and that was pretty good. 2 is plenty. LOL.

Image with no description

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Hey, Folks -

LB - Good luck with the PF flareup.  Mine hasn't completely gone way yet, but it's definitely more under control.  Seems that one someone gets it, it's prone to come back??  If so . . . yay . . . 

And that sad about your neighbors' children.  My SIL's DIL had gastric bypass surgery last year.  Something went really wrong, and she ended up in a wheelchair for a number of months.  They weren't sure she was ever going to walk again, but, she didn't give and she's walking.  She's not has heavy as she was before the surgery, and I hope for her sake she does the necessary work to keep it off.

I got in about 30 min of core and upper body strength training after work yesterday, and since this is a cutback week, 2 miles this morning.  Kinda hard to cutback when you're only running 3-4 miles 3x a week. 

So it's been "exciting" at our house.  The Hub ended up with severe salmonella poisoning while at his cousin's in Eugene over the weekend. No idea what he ate 'cause the incubation period is anywhere from 6 hrs to 6 days, but it attacked him while he was tailgating.  He ended up having to call his cousin's girlfriend to come get him and he missed the game.  I don't know how he made it home Sunday without pooping all over himself, but he's had diarrhea since.  Trying to keep it as much at bay as possible with Immodium, but pretty much whatever he eats comes back out a short while later.  He's absolutely miserable, but is drinking fluids to try and stay hydrated.

So for Monday's QOTD: We had planned to take our trailer out one last time, leaving tomorrow and coming home Sunday, but that's been canceled.  I still plan to take tomorrow off and will hit the grocery store EARLY to get the few things I want for Thursday . . . although a continued bland diet is most likely in The Hub's future.

QOTD: The Hub is a recovering alcoholic (11+ years of sobriety!), so we don't have alcohol in the house.  I've never been a big drinker, but when I'm out or go visit my buddy in Portland or am home alone for a few days, I treat myself to a cider.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5 yesterday and 5.5 today.  Took the trail today and all those frozen footprints gives you quite the ankle workout.  Jack and I walked 4 mikes and Kate's walked 2 miles with my sister.  Like that was quite a distance for her.  I guess her cholesterol was super high at last Dr visit.  A lot has happened around us so she is starting to see the need to exercise and eat better. 

qotd: I'm a wine but I did by a 6 pack of s local beer with cherry hints.  It was refreshing.  Qotd yesterday:  Thanksgiving is at my house so..tomorrow prepare the house and brine the Turkey.  I may go skiing Friday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

fatozzig: It appears to be on the mend. The video below is what I did to get on top of it. Also, I just don't trust that gastric bypass surgery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjUusE-7sk

LB2