Trailer Trash

Where's Spring? - Wednesdaily (Read 34 times)

bagge_pants

Sue - sorry to hear about the achilles. That's something that comes to me too every now and again. 

New Balance 101 trail shoes are 10mm heel to toe drop and were considered minimalist when they first came out, then zero drop came popular  so they discontinued the shoe, then maximal shoes became popular so New Balance rereleased the 101. The 101 is very light, almost like a flat. Maybe 300 good miles out of them. I haven't had a pair in years though.

AT-runner

Tim

Suffering from Achilles Tendonitis (self diagnose).  Have had it for awhile and was wondering if my slightly lowered heel on my NB Leadville versus the Cascadia's was the problem.  So one article said maybe.  Not happy with how Cascadia have changed so not too willing to head back to them.  Anyone have a suggestion for a shoe with a mid sole drop of at least 10MM?

When I started wearing Altra's, I made sure I didn't use them 2 runs in a row and I just continued that practice and it's worked for me. Good luck. You could blame it on Jamie.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Suffering from Achilles Tendonitis (self diagnose).  Have had it for awhile and was wondering if my slightly lowered heel on my NB Leadville versus the Cascadia's was the problem.  So one article said maybe.  Not happy with how Cascadia have changed so not too willing to head back to them.  Anyone have a suggestion for a shoe with a mid sole drop of at least 10MM?

Queen - I'm a big fan of Mizunos - neutral, fairly light, comfortable, don't cause me any injuries - and most of their models have 10mm+ drops.  Wave Rider for roads, not sure what their current trail shoe is.  For the achilles, cross train for a couple of weeks and do the eccentric heel drop exercises religiously - worked for me last year (I took a full 2 months off from running but cycled a ton) and the pain never came back.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Today is a rest day which is ok because it's going to snow again ( I'm over it ) .

Sue - my friend has had problem too he loves his Salomon Speedcross I think they are 10mm .

QOTD : Sadly yes

Picture from Saturday between storms

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Attempting to regain some of my lost speed: 4 x 400m (approx) at 8:30 pace, longish cool down for 5.8 total.

QOTD: Once had some suspicious looking charges on my credit card for a number I know I didn't call. When I called to complain about the charges, they immediately reversed them and seemed very anxious to get off the phone. Some research indicated it was probably an "adult" website.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I'll run after work today.  A little lazy this morning.  But I did just send in our requests for our Super Tuesday absentee voting ballots though.

qotd: no, nothing but a few suspicious charges on cards, but the card companies fixed it.  Oh yeah, I did order 2 blow up errrrrr....  "dolls" once but they never arrived, I think someone hacked the post office......  a damn mystery....  they never showed up.      (I just hope those absentee voting ballots don't wind up in the same place.)

tbd.

Watoni

Work killed today's run but got some muddy miles in yesterday after work (well, between leaving the office and then working from home after dinner).

Sue, some good suggestions made. Given all the rain I am enjoying the La Sportiva Mutants, but I actually prefer a bit less drop Smile

QOTD: CC fraud for sure ... we are covered so the companies shut down the cards often to protect themselves

LB2

I ran 5 with the dog.

QOTD: No, but I doubt they could do any more damage than my wife.

LB2