Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Haven't run since Saturday, but I'll get in 5 ish with the brewery group tonight. That's been my MO lately, walking or strengthwork on Sunday and Monday  . This morning's mail delivery brought a new light that fits into my noxgear lighted 'vest' and it's 500 lumens. Hoping that a light source added to my headlamp with help with depth perception. And I'm pretty sure there will be a few runners tonight who'll be willing to run the very dark road in rock creek (looking to test it out).

qotd: Bought any christmas/holiday gifts for yourself? See above for me. There was a sale for 2 or more, so I roped in my friends and we got a better deal.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

runtrail- I think you'll find two lights much to your liking and 500 lumens is nice and bright

got out for 4 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday as it got  up to 0 at about 3 PM, we're supposedly going to hit 0 again this afternoon- if there isn't any wind accompanying the 0 degrees, we'll go out again (if not the dreadmill)

qotd: I found a pair of La Sportive Crossovers (new in the box), they've been my go to "winter" shoe for the last four seasons, but were discontinued about two years ago and haven't had any lucking finding a pair until recently.  They were located in Ukraine (eBay),  three weeks to arrive, but exactly as stated- new in the box, I'll be good for another four season 

yesterday

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3.2 walk with Jack then a very hard 5 mile run.  Guess my running has been lacking and the snow a bit slippery.

Qotd :  no but I keep wanting to go to the sporting goods store and plunge a bit.  

yesterday:  with Gatsby love looking a mass amount of lights.  Look like sone good houses Gatsby.    There is a house I honk every time I go by cause ya they nailed!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 12 miles this morning. Walked the middle 5 of those miles in the park with my running bud. I was cold at the end of the walking miles so it was good to start running again.  On the cold days if I’m going to keep doing this I might have to bring an extra layer I can put off and on.

mt: that looks cold.

qotd: no, but I need to make a Hammer order (Gels and maybe Heed), does that count?

Gatsby and Queen: I go by a house on some of my runs, I’ll take a photo and post it.

tbd.

Hey, All - Boy, we had an interesting night.  About 2:37 a.m., one of the biggest earthquakes we've felt in the 35+ years we've lived in Humboldt County hit.  It shook the house like crazy for about 10-15 seconds, but very surprisingly, we didn't lose much.  A few things broken, but not what we would have expected.  The epicenter was about 20 min south of us, 7.5 miles west of Ferndale, which sits in the Eel River Valley along with Fortuna, Scotia, and Rio Dell.  News reports are that some homes fell of their foundations in Ferndale, road damage, damage to the bridge at Fernbridge, etc., 1 fatality and at least 11 injured.  We were very lucky here.  Lost power for about 13 hrs.

'Cause there was no power, there was no work, so I got in 3 miles in a fairly steady drizzle, then we went for a drive, then put together our first ever gingerbread houses.

No photo description available.

QOTD: I bought a new Noxgear vest about a month or so ago, so not sure that counts.  Oh - and I got an amazing massage yesterday after work!!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance