Trailer Trash

Friday Fun (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Yesterday was a morning 3 mile jog with Chowder. He didn't seem that interested in running, even though it was much cooler and less humid.  Today is TBD. It might just be some strength training and walking. It's going to get really hot Sunday and stay that was for much of next week so I might just get a jump start on yard work.

qotd: Long weekend/ holiday plans? Nothing big for us. We head to Maine later next week so we'll stick close to home. Our kayaks are still on the car so we'll likely head out on Sunday for some time on the water. of course, some running.

Yesterday's qotd: 86

XtremeTaper

A few miles at the lake with Baker last night. We will call it a 3 mile wog. Not really near the lake, decided to do a shorter loop so we just ran under the cedars. Probably take off from jogging today and get the yard mown before long weekend.

QOTD: A few short jogs, a round of golf, take the dogs out for some short hikes, work in the yard a bit, swim in the pool, watch the Buckeyes tomorrow, etc.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

That puppy isn't very cute, XT  I think you need to post more pics to see if you can change my mind.

50 min of core/ST after work yesterday.  My upper body is darn sore after the last 2 days.  Today after work will be some EZ stuff, mostly mobility work.

QOTD: The Hub took off early this a.m. to head to Eugene, OR, for the opening home game for the Ducks.  His cousin lives outside Eugene and last year sold him one of his season tickets that his girlfriend didn't want to use anymore.  What would normally be a 6-hr drive is at least an 8-hr drive as 199 is still closed due to a huge fire between So. OR and NorCal.  Anyway, since he's gone for 2 days, I'm taking off from work at noon today to enjoy my alone time.  Not sure what I'll do this afternoon, but tomorrow I'll be spending some hours running 17+ miles on trails.  I think I've convinced myself I'll be torturing myself in the Arcata Community Forest one last time, then spend my remaining LRs out at Prairie Creek where there's less climbing.  Sunday I have at least 5 miles, then Monday I hope we do nothing since it's a 3-day weekend.

It's raining here, yay!!!  Hopefully, this rain is also inland and helping our firefighters.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

No run today. I hate to start a month off with a rest day, but that is how the week fell.

QOTD: I'll do some running; I'll do some swimming. The month of no alcohol went pretty well. I did have one beer at dinner last week for our anniversary. So, I guess I cheated a little bit. I may have a beer this weekend, but I have sort of lost interest in it if I am not camping.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Starting the month on the right foot, 9 miles (1500' ) with Tiny Elvis- pretty decent clip (more so for him! )

qotd: nothing overly exciting- thought about going on a short backpack trip, but w/ Labor Day weekend- I'll wait a bit

yesterday's qotd: 144, probably my lowest month this year, but definitely not the easiest!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

A damp day here, with mist/fog/drizzle.

QOTD: Nothing planned, other than minimizing time spent on the road with the holiday tourists.  I guess I'll find out what people who don't run do with their time?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR