Trailer Trash

Where's The Sun Saturday (Read 15 times)

We've been having crap weather.  Very overcast and drizzly every day this week.  Enough so that I had to use my wipers going to work. Sun shows up for a couple of hours in the afternoon, then is usually gone again by 5:00. I wish it would just rain, but at least it's some dampness.  Road my bike to work this morning and got fairly wet.  Hopefully, by the time I leave this afternoon it'll be sunny and I can get a good long ride in without getting soaked.

QOTD: Yes or no on bagels and cream cheese.  If yes, how do you like your bagel?  I like bagels with just about anything, but usually go for carrots, cucumber, slug slime (it's a local thing), tomato, Larrupin Mustard Dill Sauce and, if it's available - which is very rare - smoked salmon.  There are 3 of us working this morning, so one stopped by and picked up bagels.  Kinda makes working on Saturday a little less painful. 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

No sun here either, and the ground looks damp outside.  I like this weather overall, definitely better than heat, except that it's a PITA  for people who wear glasses like me.  Just wet enough to bead up on the lenses and make it hard to see.  

QOTD: I'm more of a minimalist when it comes to bagels, toasted with butter does it for me.  But, if a colleague were to bring some into work, I wouldn't decline a bagel and cream cheese.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

Still resting the quad until Monday. We'll see what it feels like then. I need to sign up for this race tomorrow. I'm doing it if I have to hop on one leg for 100 miles. The race isn't until March, so I am not overly concerned about this setback. I just need to use better form when doing supplemental strengthening exercises. It is hot and muggy here. If you have glasses on and walk outside, you will be fogged up.

QOTD: I typically don't eat bagels and cream cheese, but if someone puts anything in front of me with cream cheese on it, you better watch your fingers because I may bite one off going for the food.

LB2

runtraildc

Hi all. Back from Kentucky, where I did not have time to run. However, between time at the base (Fort Knox) for the kid, we did manage a quick trip to Mammoth Cave NP, which surprised me and I would like to go back to explore more, and a hike at the Bernheim Forest & Arboretum. We saw these giant wood sculptures of friendly trolls. Pretty cool. Now back home and did actually run this morning. More of a slog, but it was faster than a walk.

qotd: I'm on the minimalist side. If I do go for cream cheese, it's a light coating.  I prefer toasted with a little butter, or jam and peanut butter.

Sandy-2

Didn’t win the lottery, so I’m still here, not out buying a yacht.

Did 4 mi this morning.

qotd:  bagels, cream cheese and nova (lox).

tbd.

Sandy-2

10 this morning. Warm, humid and stagnant air. It was brutal, took a couple of walk breaks and saw other runners doing the same today. Everyone was feeling it.

We had bagels and lox for breakfast this morning!! 

tbd.

14 yesterday, 12 today.   90% humidity and temps in the low 60s, so it's warmer and muggier than I like.

Shoot, I forgot to get a lottery ticket.  I'm sure I would have won if I did.  

QOTD cont'd: speaking of cream cheese, I should add that cream cheese frosting is high on my list of favorite foods.  Frosting is a food, right?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Apparently you would have been 70X more likely to be killed by a shark than win this lottery. . I went to pick berries (blackberries and blueberries) this morning. Jumped on the rower for a bit this afternoon instead of risking the rain showers. It's been a while and I could feel it.

14 yesterday, 12 today.   90% humidity and temps in the low 60s, so it's warmer and muggier than I like.

Shoot, I forgot to get a lottery ticket.  I'm sure I would have won if I did.  

QOTD cont'd: speaking of cream cheese, I should add that cream cheese frosting is high on my list of favorite foods.  Frosting is a food, right?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey...no running this weekend...Saturday got up at 4 for an antique market...I though we were going Sunday so I didn't run Friday...ok it's Sunday now but I just wasn't up to it.  Monday I begin again. 

qotd:  For breakfast I like butter on a toasted onion bagel....for lunch a toasted, cream cheese, onions, tomato and smoked salmon sandwich.  But I rarely get bagels and I hate them I toasted.  

gatsby.....LOVE cream cheese frosting.....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄