Trailer Trash

Fall Out Friday (Read 12 times)

LB2

Total rest day today. No run. No lifting. Special thanks to someone on here who reminded me about "The Americans". I had forgotten about the show and never watched it before now. I am hooked!!!

QOTD: Weekend plans?

We have a birthday party to attend. I probably won't run this weekend. I'll rest this quad. It is already feeling better.

LB2

Good morning!  A little tied up this week after last weekend’s getaway, work that piled up, and a visit from my sister and her family. 8.5 miles yesterday, rest day today. Debating where to run tomorrow. 

QOTD: Bringing DH to the airport this afternoon for a trip to visit a friend in FL. He got a super cheap-o flight, less than $300, but it’s one of those basic economy deals where you can’t bring anything besides a “personal item” that goes under the seat in front of you.  Good thing it’ll be warm there and he won’t need much.

I’ll run tomorrow, maybe in the Marin Headlands, then go to my dad’s house and hang out with my sister.  House and yard chores on Sunday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Gatsby the ONLY way I fly is with a backpack that goes under my seat.  I refuse to check a bag for a domestic flight as if I need anything Walmart is usually only a few miles away.

40 min of stationary biking after work yesterday, the an hour of core/ST and PF stretching this morning.  Why does my heel feel better when my PT massages and stretches it, etc., but gets irritated when I do it?  Questions to ask at my next appt.

Thanks for the info on the Altras yesterday, LB.  Another shoe I'm looking is a Topo w/a 5mm drop.  I need to research which places let you return shoes if you try and don't like them.

QOTD: I'll be working tomorrow, probably most of the day.  Sunday we're gonna go look at a co-worker's travel trailer she and her boyfriend bought a few months ago.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Thanks for the info on the Altras yesterday, LB.  Another shoe I'm looking is a Topo w/a 5mm drop.  I need to research which places let you return shoes if you try and don't like them.

Kelly Agnew used to run in Topo's. They can definitely get you around a 1 mile track to the port-a-potty for a 10 minute sit. LOL. Actually, I think they are great shoes.

LB2

LB2

QOTD: Bringing DH to the airport this afternoon for a trip to visit a friend in FL. He got a super cheap-o flight, less than $300, but it’s one of those basic economy deals where you can’t bring anything besides a “personal item” that goes under the seat in front of you.  Good thing it’ll be warm there and he won’t need much.

When I flew to Denver the other day, my flight was a straight shot from New Orleans for $163. We drove from Denver to Atlanta in my daughter's car to her new place. My flight from Atlanta to New Orleans was $34. However, I decided to rent a car and drive back home. That care got 50 miles to the gallon. I enjoyed the drive, listening to Hair Nation and Ozzy's Boneyard for 7.5 hours.

LB2

I enjoyed the drive, listening to Hair Nation and Ozzy's Boneyard for 7.5 hours.

Those are the only stations The Hub listens to.  Must be a "guy thing." 

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

Probably a few miles out at the lake later. A bit cooler today, grey skies, some light rain. Decided to play 9 holes of golf last night, radar watched beforehand, storm cells looked like they would all break up go south or north of us. 3 holes in, the rain started. Found a dry spot and waited it out, 30-40 minutes. There was a false pause in the rain midway then it let loose again. Sort of pleasant sitting in the rain. I stayed dry as I had a slacker cart. We really needed the rain. I am sure the missus will start sending me out for an evening 9 holes now when the gardens dry up.

QOTD: Might head down to Fair Hill MD and run the short loop of TrailDawg's Stumpy's Revenge, AKA festival of St Roche. A round of golf, pool lounging, might need to mow.

LB2 - Americans is great. Watched the whole series. It is funny finding yourself on the side of the Russian Spies. I had that insole issue with one pair of Lone Peak's in 2017. Just that one time. It was weird and annoying as it too happened in a race.

Fattozig - Thought I was the only Boneyard listener but my favorite is the Deep Tracks but sometimes I have to switch when it gets too deep.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XT - The Hub is  HUGE Ozzy fan.  He used to manage a local semi-pro baseball team (The Humboldt Crabs) during the summer and the band - The Crabgrass Band - played Crazy Train for him all the time.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

LB2

XT - The Hub is  HUGE Ozzy fan.  He used to manage a local semi-pro baseball team (The Humboldt Crabs) during the summer and the band - The Crabgrass Band - played Crazy Train for him all the time.

Fatozzig and XT: Who would be your (Fatozzig's Hub) favorite Ozzy guitarist. I say "favorite" because I don't think anyone can make a solid argument that Randy Rhodes wasn't the most technically proficient guitarist he, or anyone else, has had.

Even though I loved them all, Zakk Wylde is my favorite. I just like the crunch he has with his style.

LB2

Sandy-2

I actually did 5 mi this morning.  Once again it was hot and I took 2 waling breaks.  I feel like I'm almost starting from zero.

Fun Fact: Talking about Ozzy, the first concert I ever went to when I was about 15 or 16 was to see Black Sabbath at the Nassau Coliseum (Blue Oyster Cult and The J. Geils Band also played that night).

qotd: nothing exciting planned.

tbd.