Trailer Trash

Thundering Thursday (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Might have thunderstorms move thru later this afternoon so I need to keep an eye on the weather. Planning for an easy 3-4. Might take Chowder with me since he just got lung xrays this morning and they are clear.  We still need to stay away from other dogs, but I think we can manage that on the pedestrian road in Rock Creek.

qotd: Anything new that was exciting in your life recently? Exciting news or whatnot? I learned yesterday that the Grand Canyon has postponed the pipeline replacement project so they are reopening Phantom Ranch reservations for the rest of the year (May-Dec). I will be online trying to see if I can get a cabin for next fall when the system opens up. I've been interested in a R2R for a while, but my preferred trip is to hike down, camp for a few days and take side trips, then hike back up. Havasu Falls is reopening, but I'll save that for another time (but I have noticed that there have been cancellations regularly).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got 3 miles in yesterday with DW and Tiny Elvis; really enjoying our near normal temps (highs in the 30's/lows in the teens)!

Will get out today for a few miles and hit the gym to strength train.

runtrail- while the R2R2R in a day was definitely cool, I like your plan better   I want to get DW there and plan on doing it similar- either a couple of nights camping in the bottom or staying at Phantom and day hiking out from there.

qotd: I've got my Alaska trip coming up in August, I booked it three years ago and now it's almost here.  I've got a ton of details to still work, but at least have a rough plan in place.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Ran a perfect 2.5 mile loop this morning in 20 minutes flat. I did B2B long runs last weekend, and I have the same coming up on Sunday and Monday of next week. So, I am filling in with some quicker, shorter runs this week. I think I have this B2B and 2 long runs before I start tapering. I think I'll be okay, but it may not be a fast one, not that I have ever done a "fast one".

QOTD: Nothing majorly exciting going on right now that I haven't mentioned before: Hunting Trips, 100 mile run, etc.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did a pretty good 5 mi this morning, really nice weather 57°. Just did a typical loop from the house.

qotd: funny you guys mention it, been thinking on a r2r2r and fitting it in with other runs and adventure races.  We’ll see.

tbd.

7.60 miles this a.m., and Lordy was the headwind bad!!  A few gusts rocked me, and at times I was having to lean into the wind to stay upright.  I was supposed to run 8 but turned at 3.50 because I just couldn't take the wind anymore.  It was at my back for some of the return, but also kept swirling around and coming at me sideways.  I extended the return to try and get as close to 8 as possible and was happy to get home.  My legs are beat and all I want to do is lay down. Alas, I have to be here at work.

QOTD: Nothing too exciting planned, except my first race in 4 yrs in April - a 50k outside of Chico, CA.  I invited The Hub along and, unfortunately, I think he's going to take me up on it. 

I'm also interviewing coaches to help me get my running life back on track.  I've had 2 phone interviews and I have 1 more tomorrow.  I enjoyed talking with both ladies and both had good ideas, so I don't know how I'm going to make a decision if the 3rd conversation is just as good.  It may come down to the fact that the 1st one uses Final Surge, same as me, and she gives a discount if you sign up for 6 months.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

5 last night at the lake and 5 today up a the local trail. I ran without Baker today as the local trail is a stop and sniff trail for him (lots of regular dog walkers) so more of a steady state run today since I was solo. Last night turned into a low energy plod that I ended up embracing. Embrace the shuffle!! Just like in an ultra.

QOTD: Dullsville here. We have a trip down south late next month but no big plans. Just visit my parents, take some side trips. Not sure if we will long weekend it somewhere. With the Lady now 16+ we are sort of keeping her around us on all trips because she has earned our support and love in her super senior years.

Runtrail - I missed what happened to Chowder but glad to hear he is doing better.

LB2 - Have you dialed in your forever pace yet?

Fattozing - Yikes on the wind. I hate strong headwinds, especially the cold gusty ones we get here in the winter, especially Feb/March.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2 - Have you dialed in your forever pace yet?

I think so... That is the pace I am doing these long runs at.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walk 2.5 and run 3.  I have been running Hash Harriers....can't just keep showing up without doing one.  So I scouted an area today to host in a couple weeks.  Silly but fun runs. 

qotd:  Hard to say but I'm waiting for Jack to pass until I make major plans without him.  So my exciting thing right now is a camping trip around Lake Suoerior in which he can go.  I need to get planning.  Also bay do The Wonderland trail if we get in. 

warden:  I was going to do Alaska this June but moving to next June....look forward to hearing what you enjoyed.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄