Trailer Trash

Moderate Monday (Read 9 times)

LB2

Moderate workdays start today and should last for the next 8 weeks. I ran 3 miles this morning; it was the coolest morning in months at 62 degrees. Easy run and some arm and shoulder work after that.

QOTD: Have you ever been stranded on the road, flat tire, engine issues, etc.?

It has been a very long time, but when we were leaving the river Saturday morning, a lady came across the bridge with a plume of smoke trailing her car. She had a flat tire. We helped her change it to the spare and waited until her husband showed up. He had a portable air pump to air up the spare. Changing a tire on the side of the road is a pain the butt.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Not sure if today will be rest day or not. Game time decision later.

Usual run out at the Birdsboro watershed yesterday. Fall is falling here, low 60's. It rained most of the afternoon but light stuff so no big deal. The rain is winding down and should be a nice day/week. Saturday, went to the track for some intervals. Ended up at the junior high track as the high school track was sort of in use, well the band had some gear in the lanes. The high school track is nicer, soft hi-tech surface but I don't mind the cinder one at the junior high. It's almost like a trail. Anyway, I did 3k of what passes for intervals for me these days, 200-400-600-800-600-400-200 ladder. Better than my attempt a few weeks ago. Found some rhythm and the 400's were not awful (2:02-2:05) for me.

QOTD: Not recently. Seems my wife gets all the flats then I have to go rescue the car. I do have a worst flat ever story though. The missus and I were on the backend of a road trip to see family at Christmas. We were on the way to her parents home east of Stillwater OK having started in Ohio in the morning so it has been a long day. I had rented a car for the long trip and we had been having issues with it on the trip and cruising along the Will Rogers Turnpike I got a flat just as I was going through a construction zone, a bridge I think. I could not get the car to limp to the other side, so was stuck there trying to change a tire in a very bad place. Thankfully traffic was light. A trooper appeared to ask if I needed help just as I was finishing up. That was freaky. We did not make it to her parents that night as we had to deal with a rental company (a major one none the less) that were trying to convince us it was acceptable to drive a few hundred miles to Dallas with a donut spare tire with an impending ice storm. Um NO. We stayed in Tulsa that night, managed to swap cars the next morning.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Hey, All - Rest day today.

Saturday I had a 17-mile run at Prairie Creek with a slight mishap.  I was trucking down one of my favorite trails when my toe caught a rock and I went flying.  Couldn't maintain my balance, and since I have no idea how to tuck and roll (and there's no room to tuck and roll on this trail anyway) I tried to stop myself with my hands, jammed my right hand & shoulder, and the momentum of that move somehow sent me to the left and rolling off the trail.  Thankfully, it wasn't on a part where the slope off the trail is very steep so I only did one 360-degree roll and the abundance of ferns helped stopped my downward progress. Nothing broken, but my hand was pretty sore the rest of the weekend and I've definitely tweaked my shoulder. I have full range of motion, but it's pretty achy.  I'm guessing soft tissue trauma.

The real kicker is once I got myself to my feet and assessed that there was no real damage, composed myself, and continued on, not 5 minutes later my toe caught a frigging root and I almost did another header.  I'm not sure how I stayed upright, but I did.  . . . I need to learn to pick up my feet. 

Yesterday was an EZ 4 miles on pavement with no issues. 

QOTD: It's been a long time, but years ago The Hub and I were stranded with a flat tire, a car loaded down with camping gear, and no jack on a no very well-traveled road.  A very nice guy eventually came along a helped us out.  We have never been without a jack since.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Oh!! I forgot my best story:

When I was in college, I was the resident manager of the married housing. I had to evict a couple of people. One day on my way back from my student teaching task, the alternator in my truck went out. I was stranded in 95 degree heat on the side of the interstate with no phone, no nothing. I started walking to the next exit to try to call someone. Suddenly, someone pulled over. It was the people I had recently evicted. They were going back to the apartment to get the last load of their things. I spent the next 20 miles apologizing for evicting them. They laughed and said they understood that I had no choice. It was still a looooonnnnnggggg ride home.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles with DW and Tiny Elvis this morning; strength train this afternoon

As a game warden for 24 years traveling predominantly on gravel roads, I’ve had more flats than most people would have in 20 lifetimes   Broke a few serpentine belts, that will strand you in about 10 minutes as the vehicle will over heat quickly w/o the belt. Starting carrying a spare belt. 

How about stranded stuck?  Too many times to count!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √