Trailer Trash

Whacky Wednesday (Read 21 times)

Sandy-2

Oh, that's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that.   

Took a SRD today.  Got off the plane and then went straight to a full day’s worth of meetings.  It sucked. Now it’s 8:30 and I’m trying to sleep.

qotd: I agree w/ mt.

g’nite.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Sandy - The does sound awful. Get some rest and have a nice cool run in the morning.

Queenie - Looks like you have bonus posts today. Well done. Retirement suits you.

Mandy/Harrier - Does the curmudgeon club have a secret handshake? I feel like I belong.

Moonlight - Only one race do I recall excessive swelling. Superior 100. Heat and sun, my fluids and/or electrolytes got of a whack. I sort of had a mild freakout as my ankle bone practically disappeared. Took most of the week post race until things looked normal again.

Couch - Sorry about the toe. I did not know you got injured. On your long weekend off? Boo. Haha on your reply about the rugged technical trail that was posted.

Berto - Looks big enough to me! There is a rock climbing spot off the trails I run in Birdsboro, up cliffs from an old quarry, probably 200 feet max. We tried going up a side trail once adjacent to the cliffs with handhelds. We did not make it all the way, and got strange looks from the climbers on our way out.

Warden - Yes, wishing for snow in summer is wrong. IMHO.

AT - Happy tapering. Hope the lyme it is just one day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

We have a couple of indoor rock climbing gyms here and I have thought about getting the kids out to try it.  They would enjoy the low bouldering stuff - probably not the big climbs.  Maybe we'll try it this summer.

The "Climbnasium" is a really good place. We used to take the kids there, and they were always encouraging of kids trying.  They usually have Groupons out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Sue, FOMO is Fear Of Missing Out.  When you see people post lots of beautiful trail and you want to go do them but then you find you've spent 100k on races and equipment plus travel

IG is Instagram

I like the "I'm sorry to hear that"

Oh great, and I posted a picture of Mt Hood before I saw your original post. Sorry to add to your stress. 

and by the way... Sorry to hear about that. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Berto - Looks big enough to me! There is a rock climbing spot off the trails I run in Birdsboro, up cliffs from an old quarry, probably 200 feet max. We tried going up a side trail once adjacent to the cliffs with handhelds. We did not make it all the way, and got strange looks from the climbers on our way out.

I had to look up those crags and the location.  Definitely have to get creative with climbing in PA in some parts.  I'm not surprised you got strange looks from climbers.  Climbers are weird.  Trail runners are weird.  Since Mandy and I are both, I think the double negative makes us normal. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

LB:  You have a streak going....you better run afterwork!  It’s gotta be a warm rain down in Louisiana.

I am afraid POTUS would refer to me as a "Stone Cold Loser" today. I don't see it happening.

LB2

LB2

Thanks.... you know I am a retired old lady, nit hip like you youngsters!   

I'm really sorry to hear that!!

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm sorry to hear that.  

Sue - You're an asshole?  I find that hard to believe.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Have you tried responding to those comments by 'I'm sorry to hear that' or 'That's too bad'?

For example:

Them: I'm so fat/skinny/ugly/short/tall/slow/ fast or whatever

You: Oh, that's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that.

Might help break that bad habit, on their part 

Haha, now this is funny.

I'm working from home today, hallelujah.  It's been tough, mentally draining week at work.  How is it only Wednesday?  Still on a break from running.  [Trigger warning: gross foot stuff ahead]  My sore toe was looking nasty, and swollen so I lanced it last night.  It looks like the nail has detached, but only under the skin at the base of the nail.  There was some fluid in there, which I drained.  Cleaned it up with hydrogen peroxide and betadine.  Seems less painful today so hopefully that solved the problem and my toe will not fall off.  Although I wouldn't miss it if it did -- it's the second toe, which is a little longer than the big toe and causes problems periodically.  Will go for a walk after work and give the toe a test outing.  Also thinking I probably need some different shoes.     Was wearing Asics trail shoes, which were great and problem-free for the last 350 miles, but now they're cursed with bad toe karma.  I might see how Brooks Cascadias look these days.  Want to get something new so that I can try it out before TRT, maybe at the Shasta 50k later this month.  Okay, enough about me...

AT, Queen -- Envious of you all doing Wy-East.  If that weekend weren't WS supplies pick-up, I probably would have joined you.  I do love those OR trails.  Hope AT's lyme symptoms ease off.

QOTD: social media has been great for my running since it's connected me to lots of neat people and races, and I've made good running friends that way.  But I also agree that there are a lot of needy, insecure morons out there, and no, I don't really need to see daily sweaty selfies or every leaf and twig that you run by.

Have a good day.  Back to the salt mines...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I had to look up those crags and the location.  Definitely have to get creative with climbing in PA in some parts.  I'm not surprised you got strange looks from climbers.  Climbers are weird.  Trail runners are weird.  Since Mandy and I are both, I think the double negative makes us normal. 

LOL.  Speak for yourself.  I know I am not normal!    That looks like a super fun place to climb.

Running is dumb.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LOL.  Speak for yourself.  I know I am not normal!    That looks like a super fun place to climb.

Oh yes, I forgot that you ride a bike too.  That's a triple negative then.  My bad. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.1 easy today.

Mandy - I thought I was the curmudgeon here.

I think climbing would be fun, but the one time I tried it at an indoor climbing gym, I started to get panicky once I got about 20 ft off the floor.

qotd:  Social media has certainly made some of the more obscure races more visible (ultras and trail races especially) and also spotlighted course cutting and other methods of cheating at races.  For me it has dramatically expanded my running community from strictly local to international.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I actually managed to get out there and get a tempo 3 miler in after work. It felt good to run in the rain. Streaking at 10 days now.

LB2