Trailer Trash

soggy saturday (Read 32 times)

Low_O2

Low_O2 where did you run La Luz?

Went up Embudito to South Sandia Peak and then down an unamed trail to the north of Embudito. Got in 13.5 with 4000 ft gain. Have a good weekend all!

Yep, La Luz. Sent you a message.

NorthernHarrier

You think the trails are worth it to drive an hour down there, pay the tolls, and expose yourself to the FIBs?  I was thinking and going down there sometime, but then I get drawn to Kettle Moraine instead.

I rode 31.6 miles on the bike this morning.  It was a functional ride -- went to the farmer's market downtown and scored myself a nice haul.

I like riding there(and running). There must be close to 50 miles of trail in there including some great ridable single track. Non-technical but hilly and rooty enough to be interesting. So many intersecting single track trails that you aren't stuck on one long loop. What's funny is on a weekend the Kettle Moraine is filled with FIBs while there was hardly anyone on the trails at Rockcut. Go figure.  Besides I needed to do a side trip for some Allagash White! Cool

I have I-Pass for the tolls so the pain is delayed. LOL!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Goal was 2 1/2 hours but stretched it to a little over 3 for 15.4 miles...same as Low C02.  The home for some yard work that really killed me, shoveling pitch forks of pine needdles onto the trailer to haul to the dump.   We got there one minute tooo late and was sent back home with our load. My back is going to kill me!!  Off to eat andf then Movie... MUD.

Tomorrow taking Shasta ashes to a beautiful mountian lake to say good bye.  She loved swimming (hell she was a Lab) and she loved running then later taking walks in the woods.  Should be a nice day tomorrow.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

DigDug2

SRD - Soapstone Mountain 14 mi race tomorrow (northern CT - http://www.shenipsitstriders.org/soapstone.html).  Weather looks great, looking forward to it.

jbyram - I used to live in Princeton - didn't do a lot of trail running at the time, but did run at Sourland a few times and loved it.

jonferg - 12 minute miles is still real running in my book

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Late evening run for me.

13.1 in 1:37:XX... 5 mins better than my fastest "official" half and I ran the first 6 at an easy pace.  My knee has been sore after my last few runs...it doesn't bother me when I run and it goes away quickly.  Not sure what's going on there.

QofN- Sounds like a fitting send off for Shasta. My condolences.

**Ask me about streaking**

NorthernHarrier

Well I did get out for a light trail run just at dark. Was on some soggy, swampy ski trails not far from here and the bugs were out in force already. They do not waste time once the weather warms up.

Queen-- I think that sounds like a good thing to do. Half the ashes from my first two springers are out at my favorite pheasant hunting area next to a big old cottonwood and the other half is on my property up north next to a big maple with tiny plaques hanging on the tree. Often when hunting out there with one of my other dogs we'll take a break by that tree and reflect. It's good.

Mandy--forgot to mention, you sure scored well downtown. Nice ride.

Uh oh... now what?

32.25 miles at the 12-hour (could not stay for the whole thing because of work).

Very happy with the 7:12 at the 50k point, very happy indeed.

Mandy, Kathy was upset because she found a new farmers' market, but we

are outbound to Victoria, B.C. early Monday morning for four days, so she

had to leave empty-handed.