Trailer Trash

Western States Lottery (Read 267 times)

Occasional Runner

The drawing is this Saturday, so who's in? Are you excited or nervous...or both? Do you have alternate plans if you don't get drawn?

My name is in for a 2nd attempt to get drawn from the hat. I also registered for the Black Hills 100 in case I don't get in. I guess that will be my grudge race. The RD for Black Hills will let me defer to 2014 if I happen to get drawn for Western States, which is a very could gesture. 

I'm somewhat indifferent towards Western States because I know I'll eventually run it. But when I do run it, I want to be healthy and I want to do very well. So the sooner the better I guess. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

RunJunkie (the bastard who never writes or calls) is in.  I want him to get in so I can go to Cali and be crew captain!  Big grin

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Where the hell is Junkie? I'm sure you'll get the invite to accompany him if he gets in. 

KreegSauceRuns

Some pretty cool stats on the lottery on their newly updated website.

http://www.wser.org/lottery2013.html

2,302 entrants and 3,564 tickets entered.  Kelly has 2.  Good luck!

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Sandy-2

I'm not in the WS lottery.  I would like to do it again though, it's one of those "I wish I knew then what I know now" sort of things.  I would run it differently and not "save" as much in the canyons, plus I wasn't fully healthy (a calf issue) and that kind of hurt me in the early snow parts. 

Good luck to all those in it.

My lottery is on Dec 16th.

tbd.

xor

Good luck to everyone, including those who are ambivalent.

I didn't pay enough attention to the whole ticket mechanism, so did not try this year.  I would have had two tickets as well.  So better odds for you.  And good for me, because had my Two Tickets to Paradise gotten punched, I would have probably had to bail anyhoo.

Fingers crossed for yall while I stare at palm trees and shit.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Where the hell is Junkie? I'm sure you'll get the invite to accompany him if he gets in. 

He already told me I could be crew captain.  Unfortunately his one ticket doesn't give him the greatest odds.

And yeah, he's been on Facebook, but hasn't visited around here in a while.

Running is dumb.

RunJasonRun

I qualified a month ago, so I have one number in the lottery. 

I am nervous about having to finance the trip if my number is drawn this year, but I wanted get the lottery process started now so that I can improve my chances in the years to come.  If my number comes up this year, though, I will make it happen, I will travel out West, and I will enjoy an epic experience. 

I've got my 2013 plans established for both possible scenarios, and, either way, I am expecting another great year.

Good luck, everyone!

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

xor

FWIW, there are a couple (or more?) folks in the ultra forum with tickets as well.  Good luck to everyone.

Occasional Runner

FWIW, there are a couple (or more?) folks in the ultra forum with tickets as well.  Good luck to everyone.

I meant to make my way over there today and check that place out. I hope it's more exciting than what RWOL had to offer in the ultra forums. That place was a ghost town despite Betsy's best efforts.

xor

I meant to make my way over there today and check that place out. I hope it's more exciting than what RWOL had to offer in the ultra forums. That place was a ghost town despite Betsy's best efforts.

You will find a slightly more active community with some damn good runners.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I qualified with my two 50M, but I have not entered the lottery. If my number got drawn, I could not finance the trip. Perhaps, as chances of getting drawn are low, I should follow the same strategy as Jason?

(And DH did say something about the tax refund money today...)

Run for fun.

DoppleBock

I am in WS lottery - 1 ticket.  Not really looking to get picked this year.

If I do - I plan on going solo.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !