Trailer Trash

Wild weekender (Read 14 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Not really wild, but it begins with a W 

Got another steep 4 miles in yesterday, gave Tiny Elvis a day off- he had a 10 streak going so earned a day off.  Will get 6-7 miles in today after it warms a bit.

dh- wishing you the best on your search for a kidney!

fatozzig- I think it was you that mentioned Three Pines?- enjoying it w/ DW

Gatsby- curious how you are liking the Garmin Instinct so far?

qotw?  rooting for anyone this weekend- football, basketball, other?  want the Bills to advance- fingers crossed, Bengals are a very worthy foe for sure

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

10 miles today on the coastal trail (bike path).  First double digit out ingin a while, and I was feeling it, lol.  Beautiful crisp sunny day on the coast, but this weekend brought king tides, so waves are big and pounding the bluffs yet again.  There's significant erosion, easily 5-10 feet of the bluffs is gone in some places.  So, maybe not wild weather any more, but a wild ocean for sure.

Warden, I'm very happy with my Garmin Instinct, even though I have hardly scratched the surface of what the watch is able to do.  I've never considered myself a data person, but I'll admit I like looking at not only run data but also body metrics (sleep, heart rate, body battery).  And I always look at the solar intensity.  I haven't been out on any long runs or done races where the battery duration would matter, but I'm looking forward to seeing that data eventually.  Good recommendation!

QOTD: Go Niners!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gatsby- good deal on the watch!  

7 miles (1400') with Tiny Elvis on a sunny, but brisk day.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

I'm still here, but haven't run since Sunday's glorious trail run in the snow. Weather turned to rain, then warmed, then froze -- making all the trails and outdoor running treacherous. We got about 4" of new snow on Wednesday, so tested out the snow shoes and got in 4 vigorous miles, mostly to myself, in the woods. They might have not really been needed, but it was fun. Then multiple 1.5-2 mile snowy hikes daily with the small dog. He's still only 9 months and hasn't been exposed to long, vigorous hikes.

Oh, other exciting news is that I got cabin reservations at Phantom Ranch in the Grand Canyon the other night. Bad news is that my friends were not able to get reservations. It was a crazy experience (servers crashing, etc) -- not our first choice timing but I'm happy with December.

Today we ventured down to the wildlife refuge along the river. Saw a couple trumpeter swans and a bufflehead duck. Which to a bird nerd, was pretty exciting in the dead of winter.

DH-- Hoping for good news on a new kidney soon.

qotd: No, not watching anything.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well my suppose 10 turned into 5 but they were very enjoyable.....walked 3.6 with Jack earlier.

qotd:  I don't get football on my tv so not rooting for anyone. But will say go 49ers since my friend lives them.  She married a Vikings guy and on the day of their wedding Vikings played 49ers...I think she won.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

10 miles and 1,955 feet of gain/loss in the Arcata Community Forest.  I struggled almost the entire run.  30 min into it, I was wishing I'd gone to Headwaters where there's a LOT less climbing.  BUT - I got it done and that's what matters.  Now I want to take a nap.

Another King Tide, Gatsby?  That explains the bay being completely full when I drove home.

QOTD: I'm sure The Hub has his favorites, but I just want them to be good games.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Raining hard when my alarm went off so I bagged it this morning. Then some stuff came up later today and I couldn’t squeeze a run in.  I’ll run tomorrow morning.

dhuff: sending positive thoughts your way.  Hope the treatments go well and your wait isn’t too long.

qotd:  Just hope the games are good. Ya know I picked the Eagles this week so…

tbd.

LB2

Saturday was a washout!! I didn't run at all. I did lift weights Saturday night. I ran 5.5 miles this morning. I think the rainy day was a blessing because I tweaked my calf pretty good on Friday and knew that I needed to let it rest for at least a day. It was fine this morning. I need to get through one more B2B long run next weekend and a 50K around February 12th without injury. I am a little nervous about whether or not I have done enough for this 100 mile run. I feel good, but it just seems like I am forgetting something.

QOTD: I forgot football was still going on. I'd like to see the Bills finally win a Super Bowl. I guess I am for them.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Morning run-walk 5.7 miles. Inadvertently increased run time to 25:00 after planning only 20:00.  Running on a 4-5 ft wide path and passe d a man walking a dog on a short leash.  Just as I passed them, with no warning whatsoever, the dog leaped and grabbed my arm in his mouth. He didn't bite hard, didn't even tear my jacket sleeve, but definitely startled me.  The owner was quite apologetic, and I don't know what else he could have done to prevent it.  The only way he could have restrained the dog beyond what he did would have been to hold it by the collar and you can't walk a dog that way.

qotd: I guess that's my weekend adventure, though not included in my weekend plans. Rooting for the Bills and 49ers.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

LB your training seemed to go fast  but I am sure you are ready.

Saturday was a washout!! I didn't run at all. I did lift weights Saturday night. I ran 5.5 miles this morning. I think the rainy day was a blessing because I tweaked my calf pretty good on Friday and knew that I needed to let it rest for at least a day. It was fine this morning. I need to get through one more B2B long run next weekend and a 50K around February 12th without injury. I am a little nervous about whether or not I have done enough for this 100 mile run. I feel good, but it just seems like I am forgetting something.

QOTD: I forgot football was still going on. I'd like to see the Bills finally win a Super Bowl. I guess I am for them.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So walked Jack 2 miles...set the hash course which was another 4 mikes walking and then ran the course for about 3 more miles.

wcrunner:  I had a German Sherpa rd on a leash turn and bite my butt as I passed...the owner was never aware.

Morning run-walk 5.7 miles. Inadvertently increased run time to 25:00 after planning only 20:00.  Running on a 4-5 ft wide path and passe d a man walking a dog on a short leash.  Just as I passed them, with no warning whatsoever, the dog leaped and grabbed my arm in his mouth. He didn't bite hard, didn't even tear my jacket sleeve, but definitely startled me.  The owner was quite apologetic, and I don't know what else he could have done to prevent it.  The only way he could have restrained the dog beyond what he did would have been to hold it by the collar and you can't walk a dog that way.

qotd: I guess that's my weekend adventure, though not included in my weekend plans. Rooting for the Bills and 49ers.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2 miles with DW (she pulled her back out on Thursday and just starting to come out of it) and Tiny Elvis; strength trained this afternoon

Well the silver lining is I don't have to watch football any longer 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Nice morning for a run here, started at 5am, only issue was my light battery went very dim after a few minutes. The LED with lithium batteries can do that.  Fortunately I was on the sidewalk that early and only pop the light on when I hit intermittent dark spots so it was fine, then of course got light out later when in the wooded area.  I did 15 miles.

Today the surprise was when I went over the causeway the lake was “filled” with pelicans, there were literally about a thousand Pelicans cruising around. I have never seen that many in one place before.

wc; I see lots of dog walkers on our narrow green belts, when I pass I always watch the dogs and not the people.  Most times everything is fine, but every once in a while a dog will suddenly jump and attack.

tbd.

LB2

LB your training seemed to go fast  but I am sure you are ready.

Things have definitely snuck up on me. I think it is mainly because I tried to balance life with running, and since I now work remotely, the time I used to spend driving somewhere I now spend running. We'll find out soon enough. I still have a few long runs to get in.

LB2