Trailer Trash

Holiday Fri-Sat-Sundaily (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Why not just start the weekender early! Ran yesterday with friends. 4 miles, easy on the biker-hiker trail. We were swapping treats-. Me bringing homemade, smoked trout and getting delicious cookies. That friend is a good baker.  Now, we're packing to leave for the airport. No run, I guess, today.  I plan to hit a Mississippi river trail early tomorrow. We don't really do anything special early now that everyone is grown so I can enjoy it outside. My sister and her kids are coming later.

qotd: Upcoming plans for the holiday and new years? See above. Well, MN had 2 feet of snow, but it has all melted so that has thwarted some snowshoeing and skiing hopes. Not sure I need to bring my traction, but what the heck. Hope springs eternal.

Sandy-2

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I got up early and did a 5 mi run this morning.  DD and SIL were going to his parents house tonight, but one of his brothers tested positive for CV so obviously they are not going there now.  They are now coming to our house tonight and the again tomorrow.  We’re not complaining mind you.  By the way everyone’s fine, just a positive test no symptoms. Hope it stays that way.

qotd: see above, I might sleep in tomorrow or I might run - I’ll decide in the morning. It’s supposed to be 84 deg here tomorrow afternoon. Even for here that’s strange.

tbd.

I slept in this a.m. and it felt really good.  While I was snoozing, The Hub hit the grocery store around 6:00 to get the last minute "essentials."  Now, we have a pork butt roasting in the oven for pulled pork sandwiches tonight and probably soup tomorrow.  It smells really good in here!

I got in 45 min of stat biking and about 20 min of core/ST.  My butt can tell I haven't been on a bike seat in a few weeks . . .

QOTD: No plans.  Just The Hub and me trying to not lose our minds being stuck inside with all the rain.  It's cold, though, and the snow level is supposed to get down to 1000' tonight.  Maybe I can talk him into a drive up to the snow tomorrow.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Merry Christmas everyone!

I got a text from Tim yesterday.  He's been trending down a bit, so going to have to go back to John Hopkins in a couple of weeks.  Wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas 

4 miles yesterday w/ DW and Tiny Elvis and 4 miles today.  Near the trail today was an old lime kiln (circa 1880's) in remarkably good shape (most aren't now).

qotd: have DW's Mom w/ us for a couple of days, 98 and still going pretty strong Smile  We'll do a bunch of hor d'oeuvre's this evening and then prime rib tomorrow for supper- lots of eating in my future 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, whatever you may be celebrating!  There was a break in the rain today so we went for a nice walk and grabbed coffee.  SRD although I probably should have run today and taken a rest day tomorrow when the rain returns.

runtrail, swapping treats is a great tradition.

Fatozzig, we're getting that rain tonight/tomorrow.  There's been flooding in lower streets and fields around here.  Quite a deluge this past week, and it's going to continue for a few more days.

Warden, that lime kiln is cool!  Great that your MIL is doing so well.

Sandy, temps in the 80s?!  Nice that you get extra time with your DD and SIL

QOTD: Holidays means eating, drinking, eating, drinking...  Just got back from Christmas Eve wine and apps in the neighbors' back yard.  Big Christmas dinner with family at my dad's house tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

coubsin party Eve, Eve.  Was a little hungish yesterday so walked 5 miles, just didn't feel like running.  Need to crawl out if bed soon so I can get in an hour run then take my to church.  After church we have an early family gathering and then later cChrustmas dinner with cousins.  

qotd:  See above

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Merry Christmas from Humboldt County.  After sourdough blueberry pancakes, we took off for a walk on the beach only to get driven back to the truck by the rain and hail.  Of course, now that we're home, it's sunny again.   Now The Hub is making soup and we're just hangin'.

May be an image of nature, beach, ocean and coast

May be an image of nature

May be an image of cloud

May be an image of 1 person, outdoors and tree

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with DW and Tiny E today- had to burn a few calories off from a big breakfast (buttermilk pancakes, small pan fried elk steaks/gravy and huckleberry syrup) and in anticipation of tonights prime rib 

got a new spotting scope for Christmas, but DW doesn't know it yet- it's just between me and Santa! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Took a SRD yesterday, had a nice Christmas Day with DD and SIL. They mentioned that 2 of their friends weren’t doing anything so we said to invite them over. It was a fun day.

I got up a little late today and did a nice 11 mi summertime run. 73 deg to start and 81 at the finish. It was slow.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

too cold to get on the trails today- high of 2 today with ~15 mph winds makes for a very nasty windchill, sooooo

strength trained at the gym instead

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No Sunday run...due to warm weather I decided to rake some of the leaves I missed out on before the snow since there is no snow now.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

9.5 miles yesterday, 5 today, plus a walk with the hubs.  Well fueled after Christmas dinner yesterday.  

More rain here and there.  Stormy ocean at Pillar Point Harbor:

And this is one of my usual running routes.  Well, it used to be.  When I was there last week, this trail was flat.  Mother Nature is reclaiming the bluffs...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Dang, Gatsby.

10 miles at Headwaters this morning.  A little bit of snow at the top.  I thought it as gonna snow some more, but it passed.  The rain ended up coming back about half an hour after I got home, and so I'm guessing the top got a dusting.

May be an image of nature and treeMay be an image of nature, snow and tree

May be an image of tree and nature

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance