Trailer Trash

WOW Wednesdailies.... (Read 18 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5th day in a row of sunshine here in Michigan.  Lucky for me I seem to have moved back during a very mild winter.  Yesterdays run was 5 ish in a “real” trail area where the snow was nicely packed down: unlike my bootleg trail.  Need to run there more often.  Then I took a rode trip with my Mum to enjoy the sun and sights.

Qotd: Making any summer plans?  I have a vague plan to travel around the mid-west and run on different trails.  Yesterday We were at a lighthouse and campground which made me think I should start investigating good trails to run and start making some reservations.  I also want to sign up for a few races to train for.

I know I haven’t been consistently posting and I miss AT and dhuffman (but I get it) but where has Jamie, Moonlight, and Northerner?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I am still fighting this chest congestion. I doubt I will run today. It is getting better each day, but I really can't afford to have a set back right now. Hopefully, I will be back in full form by the weekend.

QOTD: My plans only go through spring. I have a quota turkey hunt on the Ocala National Forest in Florida from March 25 to March 28; then I gained permission to hunt a small private piece in central Florida from March 28 to March 31. On the way home, we are heading up to SW Alabama for a 3 day hunt. And I should be home on Easter Sunday and hunt the following week here at home. I was going to get a 10 day Mississippi license, but I got confirmation on Monday that I can hunt a really good spot where I spent a lot of time last year. I thought that place was gone forever, but the new guys who leased it don't turkey hunt, and they are friends with the guy I am friends with who let the lease go after last year. It is close to my house, and it is really a very good place, even though my success there last year was horrible.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Ran a 3 mile loop with Baker out on the roads last night. Nothing special.

Back to the normal morning wog of 2 miles today. It was snowing again, but just some light remnants from the storm I suppose. I need to do my girly man weight routine today, plus a few miles on the road. Figure to leave the trails be until Saturday as it would be post hole city right now.

QOTD: Summer plans? Not yet. I suppose a road trip will be in order, if not in the summer, than the fall. Buddy and I are tossing around the idea of another trip to Iceland but he's hooked in a lot of other potential travelers which might complicate things as we'd have to pre-arrange things. Plus there is the whole vaccination international travel thing. Who wants a bunch of whacked out cooties carrying Americans in their country right now?!! LOL.

Queenie - where are you at in MI? We toured up there a summer or two ago, drove stopped along all the lakes, Manistee, Traverse City, Munising, Marquette. Also, many stops at lighthouse on Lake Huron and finally relatives house on Lake St.Clair. Moonlight and Harrier pop in some times. I think Dr. Jamie left us when we lectured him about mask wearing but I can't be certain.

LB2 - Sorry about the crud. My folks live just southwest of Ocala about 30 miles. I run a lot down there in Withlacoochee state forest. Similar I suppose to Ocala.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Hiya-- No run yet today, but have sourdough bread rising. We'll see how it turns out. I'll get out for 2-3 miles shortly. Yes, I said yesterday I would have a real run today, but tomorrow....  We have had no sun for almost a week. This is what I dislike about winter most. I think we might see something tomorrow, before the warm rain moves in on Friday.

I've been worried about Moon-- I hope she and her parents are doing ok. And yes, Dr. Jamie stopped posting when we 'discussed' mask efficacy. I hope he forgives us and returns soon.

Queen- have you been looking around northern WI and MN? Lots of good races up on the North Shore (MN). Aren't you due for another 100? I think there's an easy one in Sept along the Lake Superior. 

qotd: Notihing but hopeful ideas. We're thinking about a spring trip to MN, pending the full vaccinations of the grandmas, but that's not going so well. And summer will probably include a memorial service for my brother. Just where is TBD. The surviving brother insists that he would want his ashes spread in CO (probably in the Telluride/Silverton/Ouray area), I think northern MN (and technically, we could do both, really).  And little DS is leaving our nest at the end of summer (most likely for a GAP year program, hopefully out West).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday after work; will hit the trails with Tiny Elvis (possibly DW) after work today

qotd: Bob Marshall Open Memorial Day weekend, nothing firm after that, but God willing lots of adventures 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

LB2 - Sorry about the crud. My folks live just southwest of Ocala about 30 miles. I run a lot down there in Withlacoochee state forest. Similar I suppose to Ocala.

Yes. Withlacoochee isn't too far away. We have that 4 day hunt in the ONF, and then we head over to the Cedar Key area for a few days. If my buddy and I can each get one, I'll be ecstatic. I didn't think I would get drawn for this hunt on the first try.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Sue!  I'm still here, still reading and post every now and again.  I got a cortisone shot in my SI joint in Jan 2020 and ended up taking the year off.  Found out in Oct I have stage 4 kidney disease (stage 5 they put you on dialysis and you wait for a transplant if you can get it).  Waiting for the ok from the cardiologist to start easy walking again.

qotd:  Not really summer but I want to get my vaccine and visit my mom and brother in March and then in Sept go to ID and visit my DD and DGD so I'm saving up PTO which working from home is remarkably easy 

Gator eye

run trails- good luck getting into that one. It’s been deferred, canceled , waiting list , plus a lotto if it ever does open back up. I figure my best chance of running superior again will be 2025. 

queen look up Great Lakes endurance. They put on some fun Michigan up trail races. 

Sandy-2

Plan to run 5 after work today. Once again I rolled over and slept in.

LB2: I've done some runs in the Goethe State Forrest a little west of Ocala.  It reminded me a lot of running around here in east TX or west LA. There are some popular endurance horse rides there so I went with my DD to crew and then hit the trails afterwards. Since we were camping we'd sneak into the Black Prong equestrian area to take showers after the race/run, they have showers like at campgrounds. (Don't tell anyone about that though.)

runtrail: if you're looking for some trails in the Telluride/Silverton/Ouray area you can use some of the course maps on the Hardrock 100 site.  The run goes right through all three of them.

qotd: Not really any plans, we're playing everything by ear at the moment.

tbd.

I've been inconsistent with posting, to say the least, but I will try harder.

And if you're ever looking for races in the Pacific Northwest, check out Go Beyond Racing.  Todd and Renee (the RDs) to a fantastic, bang up job with their races.

dhuff - Very sorry to hear about the kidney disease.

I've been getting my miles, and got in 6 miles after work yesterday.  Included 6 x 45 sec intervals, trying to keep them at a level that is sustainable for even longer than 45 secs, which is something I've always had difficulty with.  Anyway, on one of my walk breaks, it hit me that this time last year I still didn't know if I'd ever be able to return to running. Everything started going south in Nov 2016, finally diagnosed with a torn hamstring in Oct 2018, surgery in Dec 2018, took a year to battle back from that, then just as I was dipping my toes back into running, had scar tissue tear loose in Jan 2019, setting me back yet again. So the fact that yesterday I had to take more walk breaks than I wanted - that's just fine by me.

This morning - 45 min of core/ST.

My friend, Karen, co-RD's a race up in OR.  A few years back when I couldn't run, I'd gone up to volunteer and it was the first year that the Franz grilled cheese truck was there.  Oh my!  The below pic is me (R) and her sister, Kate (L), gazing up at the sky as we ponder our good fortune of having a grilled cheese truck available to us for 2 whole days.  Magical!

May be an image of 2 people, including Leslie Ames, people standing and outdoors

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Ha ha Gator-- that's a good one! I might be the lone non-ultra trail runner here right now. I'd be good for race support on that one, that's the best I can offer. .

run trails- good luck getting into that one. It’s been deferred, canceled , waiting list , plus a lotto if it ever does open back up. I figure my best chance of running superior again will be 2025. 

queen look up Great Lakes endurance. They put on some fun Michigan up trail races. 

And Sandy, the CO memorial has the distinct benefit of good running so I won't argue against that proposa. We used to visit that area a lot as kids but it has been awhile.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Glorious 6 mikes on a packed trail in full sunshine

xt:  I am in Traverse Cuty

Gator: I will che+k out their races.

runtraildc:  That was on my horizon at one point-  .  Thinking if doing a hundred in Mi higan called Woodstock.......unlesss....I get into Mt Lakes 100 thT has 47 spots open for lottery....

fatoziggg:  I have done many Go Beyond races....they are an awesome couple.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

.......unlesss....I get into Mt Lakes 100 thT has 47 spots open for lottery....

fatoziggg:  I have done many Go Beyond races....they are an awesome couple.

Oooh!  Good luck!!  Did you see that they are doing their virtual 50k "Favorite Places Race" again this year?  Runs Feb 14-28.

QOTD: Forgot to answer.  Hmmm . . .

No races planned yet since I'm still working my way back to running.

Sweeping at  Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k in June.

If WS is a go, will go back to my gig as a volunteer at the water crossing.

If the GBR races (see above) are a go, hopefully will be volunteering at Mt. Hood 50/50 and Mt. Lakes 100.

Would love to actually go somewhere with The Hub for a vacation.  We'll see . . .

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

6 something miles tonight. Decided to play hooky on Friday and go snowshoeing somewhere Tahoe/Mt Rose area. 

Queen, I highly recommend the 100 at Run Woodstock in Sept.  Nice buckle, fun event.  As much fun as a 100 can be, haha. 

Fatozig, I didn’t know you were a WS volunteer. I’m the captain at ALT aid station (mile 85.2) since 2012.  Attended the AS captain meeting last Saturday.  I think it will be a go.

QOTD: Hoping to go to couple races. A 12-hr in May (CO) and 100k in July (ID).  Also promised to go to Ireland with my Dad as soon as we’re able.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR