Trailer Trash

Wednesday already? (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

All turned around about what day it is today.  Got in 5 yesterday with the brewery group. Actually, my friend and I meet up early so our route can cover a safer area (for tripping hazards) in the dark. We end at the bar when the other runners are getting ready to head out. Chowder was happy to get out. Today is still TBD.

qotd: What's for dinner? Now that the kids are gone and we've gotten through all the leftovers, it's back to cooking. I have some stew meet thawing and it will either be a viet beef stew (Bho Ko) or a beef curry. either one sounds good to me, but I know DH has a preference Smile .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice 4 miles in yesterday evening with TE; headlamp no longer optional, but mandatory

Probably going to strength train this evening.  I didn't hit the gym much during hunting season, so will have to make some adjustments with the weight (downward)

T-minus one month of work left for this soon to be retiree 

qotd: I think we're doing turkey enchiladas tonight; we froze half the turkey, but still need to wind down the remaining

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I got 3.25 running and did another mile loop to check on the deer sign. I am not sure when I will hunt again with this back thing going on. I can't sit in one spot for very long. I did sleep a little better last night, but I was in bed at 8, up at 10, back to bed at midnight, up again at 1:15, asleep again at 2, and up again at 4:15. Five hours of sleep is better than 2 hours of sleep. Progress.

QOTD: I don't know yet. I need to go to the store today.

LB2

Sandy-2

The plan is to do 6 or 7 mi after work today, nothing special. I should have run early this morning but I slept like crap last night so I turned off the alarm when it went off. 

qotd: not sure, 50-50 chance that I'll be grilling something though.  runtrail, last night after the gym my DD and I went to the Vietnamese place near by, a nice place.  I had a Bánh mì  and she had Phở bò, (also indulged in some fried dumplings on the side) it was all really good.

tbd.

45 min of core/ST this a.m.  The moon looked really cool.  You could see the whole thing, but only a sliver at the bottom was shining.  Looked like it could be plucked right out of the sky.

LB - Hope the back gets better.

Margaret - Karen and I are going to start working together next week.  She was pretty funny.  We've been emailing and we both agreed texting or emailing was best, that neither of us likes phone calls.  She said, "Is it wrong that I'm happy you're not a phone person?" 

QOTD: BLTs.  We scored a really good deal on bacon a couple of months ago, bought a whole bunch, and need to start using it.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

There's a lot of good vietnamese food in Texas, if I remember correctly. I imagine there's a number of places 'near by' where ever you are. Lucky.

qotd: not sure, 50-50 chance that I'll be grilling something though.  runtrail, last night after the gym my DD and I went to the Vietnamese place near by, a nice place.  I had a Bánh mì  and she had Phở bò, (also indulged in some fried dumplings on the side) it was all really good.

XtremeTaper

Hello there... the nondescript hobby jogging continues.

Last night ran a short 4 mile loop out at the lake. Nice wintery evening. Grey and chilly with no wind. Saw one other runner and a dude walking a young excited pup that Baker wanted to play with. Went out to Coventry Woods tonight to jog some bigger hills. I like that run because the climb hits you all at once and then there is a reprieve and easier jogging. Planned on our regular 6 mile out/back that I like to use for a non-fitness test but twilight and darkness snuck up on us so we took the shorter way back so just 5 miles.

Decent weather for this time of year. Happy December 1. 3 weeks until longer days.

QOTD: Leftover spaghetti and meatballs (homemade), side salad.

Fattozig - Ah, BLT. I layer mine. Green leaf/bib lettuce, generous slices of bacon, repeat, repeat. Light on the mayo.

LB2 - Sorry about the back. Sounds like you need a back cracker.

Warden - Retirement days! Lucky you.

Runtrail - Ending a run at the bar... brilliant!

Gator - Are all you Wolverine fans calmed down yet? Apparently we Buckeyes are soft all of sudden after kicking ass the past decade. LOL. Good luck this weekend... do us a favor and win so we can go to the Rose Bowl. Thanks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.