Trailer Trash

Mondaily Madness (Read 15 times)

Hi, Everyone - I survived my Fat Ass on Saturday.  It was hard, rewarding, emotional - everything.  Considering my last ultra was a 24 hr run in July 2016 and that I spent the last 4 1/2 years overcoming a hamstring tear/surgery and setbacks, I'm pretty pleased with how things went.  It ended up taking me 9:28 (that's under 9.5 hrs. ), but I got it done and had a good emotional cry at the end.  The Hub and my best buddy, Karen, were my support all day, and it definitely would've been so much harder without them.

Overall, I feel good, but my legs are still tired and heavy feeling.  Therefore, I'm getting a massage at 4:00 today!! 

Loved the pics from the weekend.  Gatsby, that looks like a really lovely area to run/hike.

QOTD:  How do you feel about the upcoming holidays?  I'm a "meh" person when it comes to them.  It's just The Hub and me, so it's hard for me to get too excited about them.  Although . . . the day after Thanksgiving this year, he's going to his cousin's in Creswell, OR, and they're headed to Eugene on that Saturday to watch the Civil War Game - Ducks vs. Beavers.  Him being gone for 2 days and me having the house to myself is a wonderful early Christmas present!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

Congratulations Leslie, I knew you could do it.  A 50k by yourself is harder than a sanctioned race as there aren't others around to vibe off.  Glad you had hubs and a friend for support.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice work Leslie!  I had 100% confidence you’d do it Smile

Got a nice 4–ish miles in with DW and Tiny Elvis yesterday; strength trained in the afternoon. Had a little mishap at the gym- was taking plates off the bar and spaced out I had added 2.5 lb plates. Pulled off the heavier plate with no notice to the 2.5 plate and it promptly landed on my big toe. Hurt like hell and now sore and black and blue. I’m glad it was my big toe, smaller toe and it might have fractured. 

I think I’ll still be able to hit the trails with Tiny Elvis after work today (fingers crossed)

qotd: I love Thanksgiving    and all the fixings that go with it. DW bought the turkey Saturday (a big one) so I’ll be eating like a king for a full week after Thanksgiving!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Usual walk in the chill this morning with the dogs. Upper 30's at least. Plan is to run out at the lake this afternoon with Baker. Not sure it's going to warm up much at least in real feel as the wind is blowing. Had a nice 6 miles yesterday out at the Birdsboro watershed. Sort of that mid 30's temperature that feels cold at first but once you get going with cap and gloves it's down right pleasant. The trailhead was packed but only saw a few groups of mountain bikers and 2 wandering beagles. 

I had to get Baker a new e-collar as his old one stopped transmitting distances more the 2 feet. Not to helpful that...  I have a better model now and I like that I can set it to tone/vibrate only. The old one you could accidentally bump the shock/nick button. The signal is supposed to go a 1/2 mile but I doubt there will ever be a need to test that. I guess we could say this is my new running gear.

QOTD: We typically go south through Christmas and New Years so in that regards I look forward to that and seeing family. Turkey day I like just fine because there is eating, naps, and football.

Fattozig - Congrats on your solo 50k!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Great weekend photos Gatsby and mt!!!

I didn't have a chance to write yesterday.  DD also finished her horse race on Sunday, so she did 75 mi on Saturday (Mow Mow's first 75) and then 50 mi on Sunday (PJ's first 50).  So. . . . she completed on one pretty green horse and the other a very green horse.  FYI, she trains horses for an breeder in Austin and these two where her latest projects, the owner was thrilled.

I forgot to mention that during my Saturday 10 mi run out on the trails, by accident I managed to 'bump into' my DD while she was out in the back section of their loop.  So on Sunday I made it a 'plan' to meet up with her again.  I tried running to keeping up with them for a bit on one of the really squirrely trails while at the same time I tried to take a video.  It didn't go well, I couldn't keep them in the frame while also trying to look down so I didn't trip over a root or something.  They left me in the dust quite quickly (I did tell her not to slow down on my account). The video is a series of flashing trees, ground, horse, shy, sun. . . .     Anyway maybe I can get a still out of it though.

Today is a SRD for me.

qotd: We'll have Thanksgiving with my DD and SIL, but my DS is staying up in Colorado.  But he'll visit in December.  We're also all going to meet up in Pennsylvania the January timeframe for a family event so we have that to look forward to.

tbd.