Trailer Trash

Waiting Wednesday (Read 14 times)

LB2

Waiting on daylight to run. Looks like PF is corrected; I guess we will see. I'll do 3 to 5 to test things out. I have a busy day to get ready for tomorrow.

Yesterday's QOTD: I haven't tried anything new lately. I just keep the standard Miller Lite or Coors Lite in the frig.

QOTD: Did you grow up in a rural, suburban, or urban environment? What environment do you currently live in?

I grew up in a rural environment. I currently live in a rural area. I wouldn't want it any other way.

LB2

LB2

I ended up running 3 miles in my new trail shoes, the Asics Trabuco Max. I got them on closeout at runningwarehouse. They are going to work.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: Military housing until I was 8 then we moved to FL.  Some suburban but mostly rural.  I've never lived in a big city.  Right now I couldn't get more rural if I tried.  The cluster of houses (all 200 people) in Bluejacket has more cows than people.  Most in the town live out side of it.  There's a small convenience/diner, a post office and a school that might soon get closed and kids moved to bigger town.  We have 40 acres and it's one of the smaller ones.

XtremeTaper

Good weather here right now. Low 50's during the day and sunny. Chilly in the morning, upper 20's but no wind. Quiet day on the work front I suspect, so plan is for a late morning run with Baker out at Coventry Woods, the usual 4-6 miles. Last night we ran out at the lake just before sunset. One of our standard 5 mile loops. It was pretty mild when we started but as the sun was setting there seemed to be a coldness creeping up from the ground. That happens this time of year. Once the sun sets the air gets an icy feel.

Picked up my bib for tomorrow's turkey trot. I have never done a chip timed 5k (the bib is the chip). There must be a lot of entrants. I have a soft goal of 25 minutes and not to get dusted by too many 10 year olds or soccer moms.

QOTD: Sort of rural when I grew up. We were in a town but it was less than 20,000 and the county seat of a rural farm county. Now it's hard to say. A mix of rural/suburban? We are 50+ miles from Philadelphia but the suburbs push out pretty far now. There are still plenty of farms and open space nearby to us. In fact a mile or two west or north and it feels like you are in the country.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got 10 really tough miles in Monday elk hunting- lots of ascending/descending with snow from 6-36" makes things a wee bit difficult 

5 miles on snow packed trails with Tiny Elvis yesterday; will get out and hit the trails sometime today as I ate (too much) my favorite breakfast this morning- pan fried elk tenderloins w/ gravy and sourdough pancakes with huckleberry syrup.  Made Tiny Elvis two miniature pancakes (w/ gravy) so he needs to get out too! 

Grew up rural- Oswego County, NY- graduating class of 50-ish and that was by combining three different towns!  Living in a "city" now, but Montana "cities" tend to be pretty rural.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I thought Waiting Wednesday referred to waiting for my Dinosaur Valley RR.    Extra short version is that I finished the 100 miler last weekend.  I'm feeling a little creaky, as to be expected.  Work piled up in my absence so I've been dealing with that.  I'm going to write up something but haven't had the time or energy.  Hopefully this weekend unless I find some time sooner.

QOTD: I grew up in the suburbs, about half an hour north of San Francisco.  I lived in big cities for a few years post-college.  I liked the city, but  now I value things like parking and open space over fun city stuff.  I'm not sure how to describe where I live now.  About 45 minutes south of San Francisco, but the town is fairly small and surrounded by farming, open space, and the ocean.  Pretty ideal, in my mind, once you get past the sticker shock of housing prices and other high costs of living.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Gatsby!  That is a wonderful accomplishment; not too many folks (me included!) can boast that 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I ended up doing 5 fairly quick miles yesterday in the late afternoon for my first run back home. Felt pretty good since I took a few days off.

Congrats again Gatsby!!  That had to be a very mentally tough hondo with all those loops and temptations of bagging it.  Great job!!

Today I'm going to run 5 more, again in the late afternoon.

qotd:  grew up in a suburban / small town that was about 50 miles outside of NYC. It had lots of open fields and in those days not many people actually commuted to the city since it took so long. I understand these days there are more commuters in the town where I grew up since the train service is better.  Today we live in a suburb of Houston, TX.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sunny day...walked Jack 4 miles and then ran 5 miles. 

qotd: Well we were 3 miles out of "town" which seemed far at the time.  I've moved back to my hometown and it was greatly grown since I left.   But I think it still qualifies as a town. 

Gatsby:  Nice job on your hundy, can't wait to hear about it.  It's your second right?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Congrats, Gatsby! Looking forward to hearing more about your race.

40 min of core/ST this a.m. after an early rise (5:30) because of The Hub and some grocery shopping before the hoards hit.  It was surprisingly busy at 6:30.  An EZ bike ride in my future here shortly.

The Hub managed 5 hrs straight of sleep last night and seems to have made a turn for the positive today.  He's actually starting to look human again and so far is keeping calories in.  Still, we won't be doing any exciting cooking tomorrow, but I did promise him pizza once he has 2 good days in a row.

QOTD: I grew up in the small town of Cambria on the central coast of CA.  I'd say it leaned more toward being rural, but maybe a rural/suburban mix.  The closest city is San Luis Obispo, about 30+ min to the south.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance