Trailer Trash

Wow it's Wednesday (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

I was looking to start the Tuesday thread, but oh no. Happy Wednesday, folks! No run yet today. Have a few errands, etc. to do first. Might just be a strength training day. My burpee challenge is getting easier (but still not a breeze), so it's time to add in other elements.

qotd: Any big events or travel on the horizon? Nothing here, but starting to to put together a plan for a northern AZ/Southern Utah trip for early March next year. DS is heading to AZ in January for an AmeriCorps program (same as older DS) and we'll visit, of course.  Early March is due to other DS spring break as he wants to come along. Weather will be iffy, so hard to decide about a Grand Canyon trip (with a rim to river/rainbow falls hike) or Zion (the Narrows). And reservations are opening soon for Antelope Canyon. So much to do...

LB2

I had a good run for 3.5 miles. Then, my phone rang and it was my daughter. So, I stopped and sat on a log and talked to her for about 20 minutes. I walked the last half mile back to the house.

DC: I think the AmeriCorps program is a great thing. I don't hear much about it anymore since I no longer work in financial aid.

QOTD: No trips planned on the horizon. I may have to go to Denver in February to either help my daughter move to another apartment or help her move home. I doubt she is moving home, but Denver is expensive. We'll see what happens with that. I don't know if we are going on a hunting trip in the spring, but I am still looking hard at Texas.

LB2

I set my alarm last night, but forgot to turn it on.  By the time I woke up, there wasn't enough time for a workout, so I'll do it after work.

QOTD: No travel plans.  The Hub will be heading to OR the day after Thanksgiving to go to the Ducks vs. Beavers football game, but that's it.  His cousin has season tickets and I guess he has an extra.  The Hub asked if I wanted to go and hang out with his cousin's girlfriend while the guys were at the game.  Uh, no.  I've only met her once, and although she seemed very nice - No.  Now having 2 days at home blissfully by myself?? Yes! 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good morning everyone.  Got 4 miles in with a 55# pack Monday and 5 miles without a pack yesterday; plan is 3-4 miles with the pack after work. That will be the end of my pack training as elk season opens Saturday 

In other news, all my vacation was approved despite being short handed. I guess they figured it was in their best interest to let me take it vs losing another person. 

dc- we did our R2R2R in early March, we had a snowstorm the evening before and morning of our run. The snow was limited to the rims (roughly a 1000’ below each rim, with less snow as we descended). The temperatures were very conducive to running. The snow while not ideal, wasn’t too much of a hindrance. 

qotd: I’m meeting with a buddy next Wednesday for a 3-5 day backcountry hunting trip. Really remote and rugged area, but from an earlier trip appears to be pretty game rich. I’ve got about 20 days of vacation (counting weekends) so plan on a lot of hunting and a lot of it, backpack hunting.  Looking forward to getting out Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi after work today. Went on a new trail but hit a dead end  due to swampy gunk and had to backtrack.

qotd: we’re going to visit PA this winter, and I’ll probably sign up for that 50 miler in February.

tbd.