Trailer Trash

Fiery Fridaily (Read 14 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

4 miles (700') this morning with DW and Tiny Elvis.  We had a fire on Mount Helena over the weekend and we wanted to check it out.  Fortunately they got crews (and air crews) on it quick and kept it under a 100 acres.  The wind was howling so it could have been disastrous and possibly even destroyed homes.  Definitely not a natural fire (lightning), thinking a cigarette or kids playing with fire- it's tinder dry so who ever caused may they suffer the consequences!

qotd: weekend plans?  pretty laid back plans of run as it's going to be very hot (forecast of 103 on Saturday which will shatter the previous record )- some hiking, some lounging and hopefully a good meal or two

the red in the upper left is fire retardant dropped via plane

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

No run yet today but needed long sleeves for the morning dog walk. Low to mid 50's. Not so now, sunny and bright and probably close to 90 today. Plan is to run out at the lake after work I suppose. The usual 5 mile stint. Might see if Baker wants to tag along.

We sort of started holiday weekend last night with a trip to Longwood Gardens to see the "Lights" which is a temporary feature of various outdoor and indoor artistic type lighting displays. The "Field of Light" was the best. It felt like you walking through an poppy field in the middle of the night with thousands of small bulbs resembling poppies shifting and changing colors. Pretty cool. Not sure rest of weekend plans. Golf, some college football, run, lounge around the pool.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Hi all. After staying an extra couple days in MN to help my mom, including getting to a doctor's appt, I just got home to MD. Nice to be back. I haven't run since Sunday, but I'll get in a short jog later today to shake out the driving legs.

qotd: Depends on whether I can get peaches to can. But definitely some outdoor time as we have great weather forecasted. Mostly sticking close to home as we go to Maine later next week.

Sandy-2

Did 5 this morning. Pushed the pace a bit, felt pretty good.

mt: glad to hear the fire was tamped out. Sucks that it may have been started by people.

qotd: we’re just hanging out. It’ll be either hot, humid or thunderstorming this weekend.  The thunderstorms may knock down the temps, but then the humidity will max out. It’s a crap shoot.  I’ll squeeze in some runs when I can.

tbd.

XT - That light display sounds cool.

MT - Glad the fire wasn't worse!

After a night of very weird dreams, I dragged myself out of bed for 30 min of stat biking and 20 min of core/ST/PT.

College football is in full swing, so The Hub is in his happy place.

QOTD: Depends.  The Hub is supposed to be gone starting next Wednesday to head north and visit family and friends, but now he's talking about possibly leaving Monday.  If he doesn't leave Monday, I'll work tomorrow.  If he does leave Monday, I'll work Monday.  In between there, we're going to play with our trailer and try figure out how to use it.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

I could go for some 50 degree weather. It is 90 here with a heat index of 101. AC just stopped working a minute ago. I did my old don't-have-money-so-fix-it-myself systems check. I actually do have money but didn't for so long I figured out how to fix a bunch of stuff along the way. Anyway, it threw the breaker. Easy fix, but not sure why it threw the breaker...

No run yet today but needed long sleeves for the morning dog walk. Low to mid 50's. Not so now, sunny and bright and probably close to 90 today. Plan is to run out at the lake after work I suppose. The usual 5 mile stint. Might see if Baker wants to tag along.

LB2

XT, I love light shows in any shape or form. That might be why we still have Christmas lights up in our trees.

Warden, scary about the fire.  We're getting into our peak fire season and I'm a little anxious about it.

Logged off of work early, ran 7 miles, then picked up DH at the airport.  Then went out for beers and dinner.

QOTD: Picking up my dad tomorrow and going to watch the Cal Bears play UC Davis (college football).  Trail HM on Sunday.  Might have a neighborhood gathering on Monday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR