Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 11 times)

runtraildc

No run yet today. Will get in 4-5 with the brewery group tonight. Made a peach pie this morning instead of running. It's cooler here, but very humid. I'm ready for fall.

qotd: Any signs of changing seasons? It's still very early, but I noticed one of my dogwood trees has a tint of red on it's leaves. Might be drought stress as, other than July, it's been very dry here.

LB2

I ran 2 this morning before I got interrupted by a phone call. So, I finished up with walking and talking. I had a few errands to run, and I needed to cut it short anyway. Put my new micro dot on the 20 gauge and got is zeroed this morning. I think that is going to work fine. I love it.

QOTD: No real signs of fall yet, but there have been a few days when I could feel it in the air even though it was in the mid to upper 90's.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Did my weight routine today and will get out for a run this evening up on the hills of Coventry Woods. I had a run fail last night but decided an off day was in the cards after 5 days of consecutive jogging. 

Preparing for our morning walk this morning. Birdie tries to walk her big brother. He is so patient.

QOTD: Just the shorter days so far, plus the school buses are out in the morning when we walk the dogs.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XT, adorable that the pup wants to take her brother for a walk.

Posted a race report from Oregon Cascades (with pics!).  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/Trailer_Trash/forum/5da175dddfa9458e859fd8419d0ea758/resume#focus

Sandy, I had some issues with my Garmin Instinct during the race.  Even with a full day of sun, the battery crapped out because I also had the course going in the background.  And it was hard to read the elapsed time once it got over 10 hours because the digits got very small.  Just letting you know so you can decide whether it's right for you.

Doing laundry.  Will walk to the post office later.  That's about the extent of my activity for the day.  Off of work until Thursday.

QOTD: The days are definitely feeling shorter, with a later sunrise and earlier sunset.  I'm okay with that.  At some point, days will feel too short, but that's a long way off.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice work Gatsby! 

4 miles w/ DW and Tiny Elvis this morning.

qotd: it's getting up to 94 today (but cool low 50's in the morning), but I think (hope) that is our last 90 degree day.  Have some cooler weather moving in tonight which will be nice.  Feels like summer is starting to lose its steam, bring on the Fall! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Cute puppies!

Hey - If anyone on the West Coast is interested in 2 cute ginger kitties, Meghan Canfield has to rehome her kitties - Mac and Cheese.  Her daughter, who has some sort of severe medical issue and has to live with her, has developed severe allergies to the cats, unfortunately.  I tell ya, if I didn't already have 3, I'd take 'em in a heartbeat.  They're adorable.

6 predawn miles this a.m. with speed work beginning at Mile 3 (6 x 1 min fast w/1 min recovery in between).  I like that kind of speed work.  No long term commitment.   I then kept Miles 4 and 5 a little more up tempo (for me) to just see how the legs would do.

QOTD: It's definitely a bit chillier in the evenings and a.m., and the plants in my yard are starting to turn.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Did an easy 3 mi this morning.  Needed to jump-start my taper. I'm also going to skip my runs this Thursday and Friday because we are making a very quick trip up to NY to attend a funeral for my DW's aunt. She's been sick for a bit, but it was still kind of a shock.

Sandy, I had some issues with my Garmin Instinct during the race.  Even with a full day of sun, the battery crapped out because I also had the course going in the background.  And it was hard to read the elapsed time once it got over 10 hours because the digits got very small.  Just letting you know so you can decide whether it's right for you.

Thanks for the info!!!  I read about the issues in your RR, that's a bummer.  I usually download race trek and background maps to my phone and access it via Gaia, I put the phone on airplane mode and use the phone's GPS to track, it works great and the phone charge will last for days.  I've been playing with the Instinct's data screen arrangements and power settings and I'm going with the following (time of day, pace, timer, distance).  I did notice that if I put the "timer" data in the bottom pane it made the hour digit really small so I moved it back to the middle pane. I have almost everything else on the watch turned off and use GPS mode (which so far has been very accurate) and it says it'll last 50 hours in this GPS mode even without any credit for Solar charging.

qotd: Not really, it's still freakin' hot here.  Although the trees are so dried out from the heat and no rain this month that dead leaves are starting to fall....  So I guess if you stay inside and crank the AC so it feels brisk and then look out at the dead leaves falling it makes it look like fall. 

tbd.