Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 13 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2.5 walk with Jack followed by a 5 mile struggle run...was just breathing too hard.  It was depressing: like really this is where I am at right now!!!

qotd:  what's missing in your life right now?  Yea I googled it. For me it's trying to find friends in my new town  to do the things I love to do.  I spend the majority of time with my sister who hates anything to do with being outside and is physical.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Nothing so far, but I'll get a stationary bike ride in after work.

I signed up to run the race on it's continued date of May 20 as opposed to deferring to next year or running some crazy race they have in June.  I figure it's just another few weeks to really ensure I'm ready.  Hopefully - HOPEFULLY - Winter Mother Nature goes into hibernation.  Although, yesterday we had buckets of rain, hail, thunder, lightening, and more snow in the hills and mountains.  *sigh*  Remind me again what time of year it is???

QOTD: Great question.  Sort of the same - I have friends, but none that are runners or outdoor enthusiasts.  And the one lady who I think I could have a really great friendship and runningship with, well, I reached out to her a couple of weeks ago to see if she wanted to start running together and it turns out a few days before she had a small stroke, so running's on the back burner for now.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles (1000') with DW and Tiny Elvis.  Neat hike, we hiked to a spot where the cloud ceiling was almost right on top of us.  Then it started to graupel (pretty heavily) when we started down.

qotd: I don't have a ton friends locally, but the ones I do are all into hiking/backpacking/hunting and have quite a few outside the local area that I do stuff with- including NH, Tim and his wife.  I can't really think of anything, I guess that's good  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Hi all. Getting ready to meet the brewery group for 5. Pre-ordered pizza for dinner so DS will pick it up so that's figured out.  It's a gorgeous day here and I've been moving brick and concrete rubble. Tried not to work too hard so I have a good run Smile

qotd: A career job? But then, I like my current flexibility, part-time, no stress and seasonal work. DH is telecommuting so we could travel and he can work from anywhere. Maybe it's a maine coast or Lake Superior cabin that I am missing? Then I would be missing friends and my garden.

NorthernHarrier

Great photo Mike, captures the essence of a good graupel event.

Sue, no worries, you have lots of time, er....nevermind. It's too bad you're so far from us as we would be your friends. 

I never did say what my part time gig is right now--I deliver semi-truck parts in N. Wis. and a little of the U.P. It's great and since that was my last part time job in Madison for a competitor I pretty much have a command of the process. Might even see if I can just take a long leave of absence as opposed to quitting come Sept.

Anyway today the sun cam thru and even though it was cool a lot of the snow melted. I ended up doing 16 on the roads and also realized the shoes I was wearing are shot. Funny how sudden that can happen.

QOTD--I mean it is a good question but for me personally I'm pretty darn happy. A little more money and my daughters family being a little closer would be nice but Im content for now.