Trailer Trash

Focused Friday (Read 14 times)

LB2

I realized after yesterday that I don't like not running. I need to run. I ran a quick 3 miler this morning. It wasn't really that "quick", but it was good. I am off to an event that I some how felt compelled to volunteer to attend. Maybe I feel guilty because I was focused on repairing my porch this week more than I was focused on work.

QOTD: Weekend plans?

I plan to start a little early by staining the new columns on the front of the house. I picked up the stain yesterday. Tomorrow is the opener for primitive weapons for deer. I'll go down to my parents' place and accompany my dad for the morning hunt. I won't hunt again until the rifle opener next Saturday. I need to get some mileage this coming week because I'll be on the hunt from here until at least Christmas unless I see an 8 point before then.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Holiday for me yesterday. Up at 4:00 AM and home at 6:30 PM - long day hunting. Chilly too- 15 degrees when I started up the mountain, 25 when I headed down, light snow most of the day. Got into two small bunches of elk, but no mature bulls in either. I did jump a bull out of his bed later in the day, but I didn’t have a prayer with that encounter. 11 tough miles with 3000’ of ascent- decent workout 

Will get TE out for a few miles after work today. 

qotd: think I’ll hit the mountain tomorrow, but take Sunday off (depending on what I see/don’t see on Saturday). 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Beautiful pic, MT.

Nuthin' for me today . . .

QOTD: Gatsby, yes I'm still running my 50k tomorrow.  I'll tape my heel up as best I can, but I'm not wearing orthos.  I'll need to work my way into those.  In the meantime, I have a boot to wear where I'm just sitting around to stretch things out.

I'm already getting that nervous stomach about tomorrow, but in a good way . . . and it's only me running.  I figure it's going to take me 8.5 to 9 hours, so even though he didn't really want to, I'm glad The Hub will be part of my crew, because it would suck having to drive myself the hour back home afterward.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Leslie- good luck tomorrow- you’ll be fine Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Good luck Leslie.  My best 50k was 9 1/2 hours one hot June day and it was walking.  My longest was 12 hours, again walking, but I was helping a new walker with her first 50k.

Fatozzig, have a good run this weekend!  Nice thing about a solo fat ass is that there's no pressure, just you doing your own thing.  I hope all goes well.

Warden, wow what a view!

QOTD: my SoCal adventure continues.  Since I've been off since Thursday, I'm already in weekend mode.  Today I hit some trails in the San Jacinto wilderness, up to a peak with a lookout hut (Warden probably knows what the official name for the hut is).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Hi everyone, I am here. Just being lazy the last two days.  Actually busy at work and some lightening yesterday morning kept me from running. 

This afternoon I took off and drove to the woods to get ready to crew for my DD who’s doing a couple or horse races this weekend. A 75 mile on Sat and a 50 on Sun. I got here just after dark and then did 7 mi on the trails, absolutely beautiful weather clear and crisp, about 50 deg. Just me and the coyotes out there. Magical. We’re sleeping in the tent. Start time is 5am. I’ll try to squeeze in a 10 miler tomorrow if I can.

qotd: see above.

tbd.