Trailer Trash

Oh my it's Monday (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Chowder and I got in 3 miles on our flat Chesapeake Bay trail yesterday. It was windy and cold, thus we pretty much had the trails to ourselves. Then we went to the dog beach, which is Chowder's most favorite thing lately. Waves, wind and cold water be damned. We then had a tailgate with some kiting friends in the parking lot of the park. Good Sunday.

I got new batteries for the display on our rower, so I'll jump on that thing later today.

qotd: Something you are really looking forward to next year? Me, it's probably heading to northern Arizona in March (pandemic permitting). I'm a little nervouse about DS's program getting cancelled but fingers crossed. I'm hoping for a R2R-- South Kaibab-Phantom Ranch-Bright Angel. It'll be 95% hiking and weather permitting.

I got in a 40 min core/ST workout this morning.  Was up early, so ended up at work by 7:15.  We ended up with a stunning sunrise, so I took a couple of pics out the back of our office building.  Gorgeous!

May be an image of twilight, nature, tree and sky

May be an image of sky

QOTD: Sadly, no.  I do, however, need to figure out a time to get back up to Portland to visit my friend who is battling a brain tumor.  Things are changing and she's starting to decline - not a significantly, but the signs are there.  It's a crap shoot how long we have with - 6 mos? A year? Two years? It's a complete unknown.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Nothing yet today. I had to go take my wife's Tahoe to get the oil changed and have some work going on. May get 3 to 4 later. I'll be pushing it to get my meager annual miles done before New Year's Eve. But, I did fill my last deer tag yesterday morning on a deer I didn't want to shoot. I just got excited and had to make a quick decision. I thought he was more than he was. Oh well. There is always next year.

QOTD: Yes. I am looking forward to my mid-May Nebraska turkey hunt, and we are doing Christmas in the Ozark Mtns. next year.

LB2

Sandy-2

I'm back from my weekend jaunt in Arkansas.  The Raid the Rock adventure race was a great time.  We were in the 24 hour 4-man co-ed open division, there were a few teams registered in our division but with the all-day rain and 50 to 30 deg temps predicted, they all either dropped out, switched down to the 8 hour, or lost a member and switched to the 3-man. So in the end we got 1st place in our division, we also got last place. 

We actually did really really well, I had my Garmin in the backpack (we never looked at it) and in the end did 77 miles and got 15 checkpoints. That was all doing the map navigating to the checkpoints while trekking, biking, canoeing and even climbing. We started at 7am Sat and the first ten or eleven hours were all in cold windy rain (upper 50s to mid 40s) and and then when the rain stopped it was still windy but the night temps went down more (to about 30) it was clear and the full moon was nice, there was frost on the grass and ice on the wooden bridges for the last few hours, we finished at about 5am on Sun. My DD Devan did the belay rock climb at about 3am and it was freezing, but she wanted to get that checkpoint at the top!!!  To top that off, one of the women on our team was 71 years old. She was amazing, I hope I can manage to ride trails on a MTB at that age.

qotd: Retirement.

tbd.

Congratulations, Sandy!  It sounds tough but fun in a sadistic sort of way. 

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

LB2

That is awesome!! Congratulations!!

I'm back from my weekend jaunt in Arkansas.  The Raid the Rock adventure race was a great time.  We were in the 24 hour 4-man co-ed open division, there were a few teams registered in our division but with the all-day rain and 50 to 30 deg temps predicted, they all either dropped out, switched down to the 8 hour, or lost a member and switched to the 3-man. So in the end we got 1st place in our division, we also got last place. 

We actually did really really well, I had my Garmin in the backpack (we never looked at it) and in the end did 77 miles and got 15 checkpoints. That was all doing the map navigating to the checkpoints while trekking, biking, canoeing and even climbing. We started at 7am Sat and the first ten or eleven hours were all in cold windy rain (upper 50s to mid 40s) and and then when the rain stopped it was still windy but the night temps went down more (to about 30) it was clear and the full moon was nice, there was frost on the grass and ice on the wooden bridges for the last few hours, we finished at about 5am on Sun. My DD Devan did the belay rock climb at about 3am and it was freezing, but she wanted to get that checkpoint at the top!!!  To top that off, one of the women on our team was 71 years old. She was amazing, I hope I can manage to ride trails on a MTB at that age.

qotd: Retirement.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice Sandy (and daughter)!

Got 5 miles in with Tiny Elvis yesterday; will get out for a few after work. We got a pretty good dump of snow, so will probably throw my snowshoes in. 

qotd: I’ll be fully retired next year- 5 more working days remain   Have a big backcountry ski trip planned for January and then a shit ton of other trips planned too. Should be a good year!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I applied for and got chosen to represent Squirrel's Nut Better as an Everyday Squirrel.  I love the product, and Chris Thornley, the owner, is a really great guy.  He's in charge of the river crossing each year at WS where I volunteer.  This is pretty darn cool!

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎رال Squirrel's S Nut Butter ADVENTURE TEAM 2022‎'‎

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I walked today.  

sandy:  wow 77 miles...sounds fun..so cool you and your daughter enjoy this together.  

Qotd:  My friends are doing a R2R hotel back to rim hotel and I will be joining 1st of June.  I may also drive back and dined sone time traveling with a friend...need to decide and like Fatozzigg wotlrtied about Mon's health and making plans .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

I applied for and got chosen to represent Squirrel's Nut Better as an Everyday Squirrel.  I love the product, and Chris Thornley, the owner, is a really great guy.  He's in charge of the river crossing each year at WS where I volunteer.  This is pretty darn cool!

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎رال Squirrel's S Nut Butter ADVENTURE TEAM 2022‎'‎

Very cool!  I like SNB.  (And you know Chris Thornley’s bro is the WSER RD?)

Sandy, great job, sounds like very challenging conditions.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Pain is my friend

Hey me too. Its good to know someone on the team.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?