Trailer Trash

Taper Tuesday (Read 15 times)

LB2

Last run before Friday's race for me. I just got out to stretch the legs a little. I read nOOky's RR on the NZ race, and my plan is similar to his. I'll hike even the small hills on the front end of the race because it does take a toll later on. It has been a long, long time since I was in an event, so I feel like I am starting over in a way.

QOTD: Best tip you can come up with for a long race?

Walk fast, run slow.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning trailers- got in a hilly 3 miles last night after work and before the heavy rain. Still got pretty wet. Now mapping out runs and hikes for next week in AZ. First couple of days will be in flagstaff in winter weather amd 7k elevation, the other part of the trip will be south in the Tucson area. Summer weather. I’m excited to explore this area but  this is a short trip.

qotd- all I can offer is best wishes and a heartfelt’good luck’!

LB - The final countdown!

MT - That's a lotta snow.

1 hr biking to nowhere, followed by 45 min of core/ST.  It's still raining, but we're supposed to get a break tomorrow, some Thursday, and then Friday.  Which is very helpful in me not strangling The Hub who doesn't manage this weather well mentally since he can't work, and I have a hard time summoning up empathy since I'd love nothing more than to stay home, read, knit, watch a movie, go for a drive - just about anything but be at work.  . . . obviously I need to work on being more empathetic. 

QOTD: I like your strategy!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Beautiful sunny day...2.4 with Jack....helped push a girl who was stuck in snow....then 4 more miles solo.  Snow was slippy slidy...

qotd: Eat a lot early so the body has plenty of fuel. .  I woke at 2 am and had a cup of noodles and went back to sleep.  

• Geez LB why does your training feel like it was so easy.    Good luck...I may be out of internet service while you run but just know zi am routing for you. Who is your crew? Pacer? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

• Geez LB why does your training feel like it was so easy.    Good luck...I may be out of internet service while you run but just know zi am routing for you. Who is your crew? Pacer? 

Just me.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did 12 easy miles this morning.  The first part was in the dark using a handheld, I like getting a few miles before it gets light.

qotd: Don’t worry it’s like riding a bike, you know the drill - slow steady pace and consistent, small and constant intake of calories.

Nice that you’re doing this one on your own, I like doing them that way - nothing to think/worry about but what you are doing.

tbd.

LB2

Nice that you’re doing this one on your own, I like doing them that way - nothing to think/worry about but what you are doing.

I thought I was the only person on earth who worried about that.

I just plan to "sneak down the trail". LOL.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles (800') with DW and Tiny Elvis- went over the 300 mile mark 

qotd:

Walk fast, run slow.

and have fun- always thought that was important! 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

SRD yesterday, something with speedwork after work, or maybe a little earlier depending on how the rain looks.  There's actually a little break now, but I'm too hungry to run, need lunch, can't run on an empty stomach.

I'm not planning on using a crew or pacer for my hundred in August.  Like Sandy and LB said, one less thing to worry about.

QOTD: Don't forget to eat!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hope this is a sign of what's to come. Last two days have felt great. Today 30:00 of run 1:00, walk 1:00; 10 x 1:00 strides, walk 1:00 recoveries; 40:00 of run 1:00, walk 1:00, finishing with a short, brisk walk of 4-5 minutes.

qotd: break it into shorter segments and run it segment by segment, and bring lots to eat and drink

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I just plan to "sneak down the trail". LOL.

tbd.