Trailer Trash

Marvelous Monday (Read 39 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Got in a fast and hilly 3 miles last night with older DS after taking a few days off for visiting family.  With a visiting mom/grandma, we both really needed that outlet. I'll get in another short run tonight with younger DS.  I will happily do shorter runs in exchange for fostering their interest in running.

qotd:  With the holiday season coming up, I think it is time to entertain this question again.  Favorite pie?  For me, any kind of pie is a favorite, but it's DH's bday today and my mom is making him a sour cherry pie from the cherries we picked this summer in NH.  Really looking forward to it.

LB2

I plan on 8 after work in the dirt.

QOTD: Buttermilk Pie.

LB2

The pooch and I had a great 9 mile trail run. It was a chilly 32 F at the trail head.  Fall colors are at or just past their peak.  It is beautiful here.

QOTD:  Tough call.  My favorite to bake is apple.  I make a great apple pie as does my daughter.  My wife and daughter make a mean pumpkin pie, but I have never baked one.  I guess I will say apple is my fave, but I love many different varieties.  Oh, and good home baked is superior to almost any store bought pie.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in an hour or so at the gym this morning.

QOTD: Thanks for the pie question...9:30 in the morning and I am already hungry now.  My favs include apple, lemon meringue, cherry, chocolate pudding pie, and so on.  Not so much a fan of pumpkin pie though.  I know many are.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

6 road miles as I ran to my gym this morning. Travel has kept me out of the gym for a month. I had a great core workout and I'll definitely feel it tomorrow.

Heading to northern Saskatchewan tomorrow after my morning run. Good opportunity to test out some new cold weather running gear.

QOTD: Pecan (pronounced PEE-CAN, not PEE-CON)

Hi all,

Will probably get out for 5 miles later on. I volunteered at the NYC marathon yesterday, and it was COLD! Well, only about 45 degrees F, but windy the whole time. Here are a few pics:

Me at NYCM

Bundled up at Mile 22

jeptoo

Jeptoo (in 3rd at Mile 22)

male leaders

Male leaders at mile 22

Interesting to compare Jeptoo's stride to the male leaders' stride. Quite a difference, but it works for her! I had a great time, even though I froze my butt off the whole time.

QOTD: Pumpkin, followed by apple pie.

Wandering Wally

9 miles last night.

TrailsnCocktails - Nice pics!

QOTD - Any kind.  I just like pie.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning Runners,

No run yet, and I'm not sure if there's one going to happen today, despite the grandious weather. My knee is giving me some serious pain, it has been acting up on and off after my runs over the last week, but always recovered overnight. Today, it's really bad, and I'm not sure what this is. Pain on the outside, pain on the inside, and most pain when I try to bend the knee bearing weight (e.g. walking down stairs). No swelling, no redness. I ran significantly less last week, but it seems the less I run, the worse the knee gets.

I hope it won't last long. Undecided  At least not longer than my still lingering nausea - day 5, and counting. Dead

traildc: yay for shorter runs WITH the kids! Beats a long run without them any time.

LB2: Have fun running later!

TT: Same with the fall colors here, mostly yellow and orange, but spectacular.

Jamie: Nice morning work!

lace: One month without gym does not sound like you. Sure you're not in a time warp?

T&C: Great pictures, it looks like an interesting job volunteering at this race.

smith: Nice evening run.

QOTD: I'd say pumpkin pie. Probably because I didn't have that one where I grew up (except when traveling across America).

Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Hill repeats later today. I bought some trekking poles and I plan to practice with them today onthe hills. Used them the other day on my 17 miler and promptly tripped and fell.

qotd: I love pie! I tried a new one yesterday...I made sour cream apple pie...it was..oOK. Next I want to make a sour cream lemon.  Tried a butter crust...it was good.  My fav....so MANY! Probably pecan....chocolate pecan.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

sugnim

Good morning all.  I have orchestra rehearsal tonight, so I'll squeeze in as much time as I can with my little son after work this evening.  We got a little snow overnight, so the trails should be nice and frosted.  There was a mountain lion sighting on a trail that I ran this weekend, but I didn't see it.  Darn.

LB2:  Buttermilk pie?  I've never heard of that.  I'll have to look that one up!

Trails:  Cool photos!

QOTD:  This is truly a tough question.  I can't pick one.  I love apple, cherry, strawberry, blueberry, huckleberry, and banana cream pie.  Oh, and lemon meringue.

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

qotd: Apple followed closely by all others.

tbd.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A slow and clumsy 5 miler with Rocky this morning, not bad after the IMHM this past Saturday.

QOTD: It needs graham cracker crust, that is all I require for a pie. Only exceptions are Apple Crumb Pie, Dutch Apple Pie, Blueberry Cobbler, Cherry Crumb Pie/Cobbler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's my rest day but I was tempted as I woke up to the sun shining in my window...felt like I spelt in to noon.  Smile

QOTD: CTart cherry pie..hell ya!  Fresh from oven with scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Planning on making an apple tonight since we have an apple tree in the yard.

QOTD2:  I haven't seen October totals yet except for Kelly's.  I added it up last night. 138.5 for me.

runtraildc:  I tried to do that with the husband but he really didn't want to run with me and keep saying go ahead don't wait for me.

Kelly:  It's pea-CON.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Kelly:  It's pea-CON.

Very Yankee.

AT-runner

Tim

I had time for 3 quick (for me) miles at lunch.

T&C - I remember that AS.  That's right as you're leaving Harlem.  My cousin is a Catholic priest, and he worked in Harlem for 3 years, not far from that AS.

QOTD:  Warm pie Big grin I'm not picky.  I do have to Google Buttermilk pie now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!